User Tag List

View Poll Results: how do you like your steak?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • rare

14 23.33%
  • medium rare

26 43.33%
  • medium

15 25.00%
  • medium well

9 15.00%
  • well

4 6.67%
  • I don't

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    buying a whole lamb isn't a bad way to go... i've picked one up from the 4h program and sent it to a butcher... those kids tend to raise them like pets (aka treat them well)... anyhow, after they are judged (ribbons handed out) they are often auctioned... you can get an idea of how good the meat is likely to be by attending the judging... the same principle applies to beef...
    We also get a lamb in the spring although not from 4H (but this is a great tip so thanks), it's from a farm nearby. I get a beef half twice a year from the same farm. Lamb isn't as popular as it once was and I think people assume it's due to lamb being way more expensive than beef. Not true, not even at the retail level, I've compared. We have lamb probably once a week, it's delicious.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Beorn liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Medium.
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."

I actually like lamb madras, chunks of lamb, or some sort of hot chicken curry with chunks of chicken, at the moment more than steak. Steak is something that I only enjoy very occasionally. We went to a restaurant the other day which had these super heated rock cubes which came out with the seared meat and you slice the meat and put it on the rock to finish it, that looked like a clever gimick, my dad ate it, I would have totally charred my steak to a crisp. The only way to eat meat, drive out all the juice crap and blood.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Medium well filet mignon. I have a thing where if I eat meat that's not cooked well enough, I get sick. It's been happening since - i dunno - forever. So I stay away from prime rib for example or steak tartare.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

juicy and delicious and grilled
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Is it true that grass-fed, range beef tastes "gamier" than other beef? I have no idea what "gamey" means, except I hear it in connection with deer a lot. Can the difference in taste between lamb meat and beef be attributed to gaminess?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Is it true that grass-fed, range beef tastes "gamier" than other beef? I have no idea what "gamey" means, except I hear it in connection with deer a lot. Can the difference in taste between lamb meat and beef be attributed to gaminess?
    Gamey is wild. It’s just a different taste than of animals kept and raised for consumption. There’s a hard to define wildness about the taste probably due to the diet of the animal being consumed. I love Venison personally. I doubt gaminess distinguishes lamb from beef though. Lamb to me always tastes weak. The flavor is rather bland.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    666 sx/sp

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Gamey is wild. It’s just a different taste than of animals kept and raised for consumption. There’s a hard to define wildness about the taste probably due to the diet of the animal being consumed. I love Venison personally. I doubt gaminess distinguishes lamb from beef though. Lamb to me always tastes weak. The flavor is rather bland.
    I love lamb. Venison didn't strike me as being that different from good beef, the few times I've had it.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Cows are infinitely superior to human beings; from their social hierarchy...demonstrated intelligence, and level of self-sacrificing ability as to giving self-lessly toward the auspices of other creatures. It's no wonder indigenous, European and Hindi traditions, my apologies to those who are aware enough to be offended by both descriptives...included the "Cosmic Cow" in their creation myths.