User Tag List

View Poll Results: how do you like your steak?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • rare

14 23.33%
  • medium rare

26 43.33%
  • medium

15 25.00%
  • medium well

9 15.00%
  • well

4 6.67%
  • I don't

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    I don't know how the quality of the animals themselves compares between the U.S. (Wait, you're here, right?) and Australia, but you can get the best lamb chops from Afghani restaurants or halal grocery stores with butchers if they're grilled in the store.

I'm thinking of getting some tomorrow, in memory of my grandmother, who used to cook rack of lamb for Easter.
    I can't comment on the difference in actual quality between the two countries, but merely the accessibility (both in terms of relative availability and price) to good lamb there versus here. Here, I'd really have to search to find good quality lamb chops versus there it being as common as Steak in terms of accessibility.
    Likes Metis liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I can't comment on the difference in actual quality between the two countries, but merely the accessibility (both in terms of relative availability and price) to good lamb there versus here. Here, I'd really have to search to find good quality lamb chops versus there it being as common as Steak in terms of accessibility.
    You make Australia sound like a nice place to visit.

You make Australia sound like a nice place to visit.
    Besides the fact that in summer it literally feels like you're approaching the fiery gates of hell as you see Satan lounging in a lawn chair while wearing sunglasses and drinking lemonade, and that 90% of the wild life can and will kill you in the face, other than that it's pretty cool.

Besides the fact that in summer it literally feels like you're approaching the fiery gates of hell as you see Satan lounging in a lawn chair while wearing sunglasses and drinking lemonade, and that 90% of the wild life can and will kill you in the face, other than that it's pretty cool.
    Don't have a cow, man.

Have I ever told you that you remind me of the little brother of one of my childhood friends?
    He liked to scamper around, shouting, "Can't touch this!" and "Don't have a cow, man!"

Don't have a cow, man.

Have I ever told you that you remind me of the little brother of one of my childhood friends?
    He liked to scamper around, shouting, "Can't touch this!" and "Don't have a cow, man!"
    I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I would pick medium well just because I am into smokiness and not so much the raw texture, but for the same reasons truthfully steak isn't for me. Brisket is more my type.
    Likes Metis liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Video View Post
    I would pick medium well just because I am into smokiness and not so much the raw texture, but for the same reasons truthfully steak isn't for me. Brisket is more my type.
    I like brisket too.
    Likes Hermit of the Forest, The Cat liked this post

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    I only remembered him saying "Don't have a cow" because of the steak theme of the thread. I forget why you originally reminded me of him. That wasn't why.

He came with me when I ran away to the forest for the day. We poked around in the creek for tadpoles, walked in a loop (it was lucky that it turned out to be a loop trail, because we ended up back behind their house) and met a man with a parrot. It was fun. Then we went back up the hill to their house, smiling and laughing, and my father gave out the spankings. Turned out that he and the mother of my friends had been extremely worried.

I like lamb chops better than rack of lamb.

I also like pot roast.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

I prefer a solid medium rare. I personally can't deal with a bleeding steak and I don't understand the concept of a well done steak.... a dry slab of meat devoid of all flavor! It's a disgrace to the cow that supplied it! To each their own, I suppose

Permabanned
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

buying a whole lamb isn't a bad way to go... i've picked one up from the 4h program and sent it to a butcher... those kids tend to raise them like pets (aka treat them well)... anyhow, after they are judged (ribbons handed out) they are often auctioned... you can get an idea of how good the meat is likely to be by attending the judging... the same principle applies to beef...
    Likes Beorn liked this post