• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nutritious Desserts (Recipes Welcome)

Metis

Rhonda Patrick's Low-Carb Lemon Tart Dessert (High Citrate & Choline)

She shows you how to make it, and then she talks about the effects of nutrients found in the ingredients. Especially citrate & choline.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The funny or lucky thing is, I don't really like sweets and can somehow deny myself of baked goods.

But here is a basic recipe for meals - basically stir fry veg with protein. Who needs the rice?
I am a total starch person so I naturally gravitate to rice, noodles, rice noodles, etc. So difficult!! :)

Garbage Stir-Fry with Curried Cabbage - Nom Nom Paleo(R)

rav3n

My dessert is fresh fruit. Paying a bit more for quality, ripened fruit is well worth the cost savings of not buying or making baked desserts.

jamain

MBTI Type
IST_
I've made this one a couple of times and my family really likes it.

Low Carb Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake

A delicious low carb cheesecake recipe from Mellissa Sevigny of I Breathe Im Hungry
★★★★★4.9 from 21 reviews

8 servingsCategory: Low Carb Dessert RecipeCuisine: American

INGREDIENTS
FOR THE CRUST:

6 Tbsp butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar substitute (I used swerve)
½ cup desiccated unsweetened coconut ( I took regular unsweetened coconut and ran it through my food processor)
¼ cup coconut flour
½ tsp baking powder
FOR THE FILLING:
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 egg
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SWIRL:
1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 3/4 cup chopped)
1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)

INSTRUCTIONS
TO MAKE THE CRUST:

Cream together the butter and sugar substitute. Add the coconut, coconut flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined.
Press into a lightly greased nonstick springform pan (9 inches or several mini’s) and set aside.

TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
Beat the cream cheese and sugar substitute together until smooth.
Add the egg and lemon juice and mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
Combine the strawberry puree and 1 Tbsp sweetener (I used Swerve.)
Drop by spoonfuls over the filling and then swirl gently with a knife or fork. Don’t over mix.
Bake the cheesecake at 350 degrees: 28 minutes for a 9 inch springform pan, 22 minutes for 3 mini cheesecakes, 50 minutes if you double the filling recipe for a taller cheesecake.
After baking the cheesecake will have a slight wiggle in the center while warm.
Chill for several hours (longer for the bigger cake) until firm before serving chilled.

Nutrition
Calories: 239Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 3g netProtein: 4
Find it online: https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/low-carb-strawberry-swirl-cheesecakes/