• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hoppy beers male vs female is my hypothesis correct?

Do you like hoppy beers?

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
maybe it has to do with male vs female taste buds because I've found over the years more males like hoppy beers than females i mean some males hate them and some females enjoy them

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I prefer a smooth lager but hoppy ales are nice when I’m in the mood

This. Depends on the food and my mood. Some people really hate bitter brews - male and female - in my experience. I haven't noticed one way or the other who hates it more.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate most hoppy beers especially IPAs but I do like sour beers like lambics which use aged hops and consequently aren't bitter at all.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I hate most hoppy beers especially IPAs but I do like sour beers like lambics which use aged hops and consequently aren't bitter at all.

yeah i don't like super bitter stuff as a kid loved bitter things now I don't even like dark chocolate. (too bitter)

rav3n

yeah i don't like super bitter stuff as a kid loved bitter things now I don't even like dark chocolate. (too bitter)
It's weird, I've always loved dark chocolate and dark roast coffee but strongly dislike bitterness in everything else, including beer.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's weird, I've always loved dark chocolate and dark roast coffee but strongly dislike bitterness in everything else, including beer.

yeah i can do medium to light roast black, but dark roast i need creamer

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a teetotaler, so far. I'm only interested in trying the Narragansett Lager Beer, or the Altbier from Dusseldorf in Germany.

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm not as wild about it as many of my peers, but I'll select it if I like it better than other beers on offer or I think it will pair well with what I'm eating. Among hoppier beers I like pale ales and belgian whites.

My enjoyment of hoppy beers increased drastically after being on a ketogenic diet that increased my appreciation of bitterness as I craved less sugar.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I'm tempted to conclude that the craze for hoppy beer might only be due to the fact that this is what's in vogue and what people are "supposed" to like, but given that this has been the case for almost a decade now, at least, I suspect this isn't the case. If it were just a social affectation, it probably would have faded by now if people's love of them wasn't genuine. I keep on trying to like IPAs (and will likely continue to give one a shot occasionally every now and then), but I've never had one that I've been wild about and haven't struggled to finish, unlike Belgian whites, lagers, or darker varieties of beer. Maybe some day I'll actually discover what people see in them.

Or I can just blame millennials for hoppy beers. That's always fun.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It took me a lot of time, but now I like them.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
No gross. Tastes like tree sap. Im not a fan of beer in general... but ipas are a special version of hell in my book

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Syrup isn't just the sap, though, it undergoes a process. Just check the list of ingredients on a label of maple syrup.
Yes I'm aware sap undergoes a process but pretty much any pure maple syrup label will list only maple syrup in its list of ingredients.
maple sap is pretty pleasant by itself actually, like very mildly sweet water