• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hoppy beers male vs female is my hypothesis correct?

Do you like hoppy beers?

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont like IPAs at all. English bitter is good though.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have drank a wide variety of beers, but I believe IPA's taste like shit usually. I also hate Gin.

I think it might be due more from me being a super taster, than a woman though. <shrugs>

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I did like hoppy beer but the last time I had just a tiny sip of white-trash garbage beer I turned red as a lobster and it burned so bad I tried to tear all of my skin off. I have no idea what about alcohol I’m allergic to but apparently it’s gotten worse.

Tengri

I voted no just because I'm not sure if that's true across the board. (American-style lagers, maybe) The spicy bitterness (and higher alcohol %) of an IPA is refreshing on a hot summer day, but I tend to gravitate toward maltier beers likes ales and saisons. I think the microbrew industry is slowly changing gender-based choices like that

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like beers with a strong hop character, but not the ones that hops are all you can taste. The best IPA's, imo of course, are ones that also have good balance between the hops and malt. Dogfish Head 90 minute is a go to IPA for me. But I also like many other styles of beer. The whole "Bastard" series of beers from Stone Brewery are pretty good too. And my own homebrew of course. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know i made this thread, but i keep reading the title as happy beers. beer is usually very happy, or at least they make me happy

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beers have gotten too hoppy imo. Every other microbrew I've tried in recent years is some ridiculous over-amping of those flavors.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your poll might have operated more efficiently if you asked if they prefered hoppy beers or not...

i prefer stouts and porters, but i like most beers that aren't pilsners or ales (though i don't hate those by default)...

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
I hate beer. Its probably the yeast taste because I also hate bread with an overpowering yeast flavour. I don't really like wine either, just to throw it out there.