• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to go totally uncreative here, I'm going to say that I'd talk to my dog :doh: It would make long car trips signifigantly more interesting!

Though it would be pretty interesting to talk to a non-mammal life form to see how they think and such :)

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
to go totally uncreative here, I'm going to say that I'd talk to my dog :doh: It would make long car trips signifigantly more interesting!

Though it would be pretty interesting to talk to a non-mammal life form to see how they think and such :)
What would you ask ? Can you give me a fictional dialogue that you think might be the way it would go ? ( You can still redeem your creative cred, in other words. :) )

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd probably ask the dog why he sticks his head out the window of a moving car, but is offended by the hair dryer. Also, it would be interesting to learn the value of sniffing other dogs' asses, why he won't swim when every other dog I know loves to do so, what he would actually DO with the bigger dog if I let him off the leash to run towards him and other such basic behavioral questions.

It would also be interesting to hear what questions and comments the dog might make towards me- that's what would be most interesting- how does he THINK? :huh:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Profound as always, Wildcat.

You are correct:
To develop a cognitive roadmap,
Is to exclude possibility.

To find the correct answer one way,
Is to avoid finding it in others.
That isn't to suggest the answer is even necessarily correct -
Rather that its arguments are immediately falsifiable.

The ends and the means -
Whether in terms of one's scientific grammar,
Or through mathematical sculpture:
Create a beautiful panorama.

What happens when the sun sets?
Yes.
You said it better than I did.

There is no objective answer.
The answer is dependent on the question.
The question is about the motive.
The motive is not objective.

The object does not question.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
I would ask the plants if they feel sex and experience orgasm.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
A female Luna Moth, Actias Luna.

I would ask: Considering you live a week at most, have no way to speak or eat, will never see your mate again, and never know your children --is it still worth it?

It would be really interesting to know how these creatures see life.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Yes.
You said it better than I did.

There is no objective answer.
The answer is dependent on the question.
The question is about the motive.
The motive is not objective.

The object does not question.

Precisely - your insight is stronger than mine.

Strength:
An expression of character?
Character:
An expression of virtue?

Our object was the impossibility of objectivity -
As a function of human analysis.

Objectivity:
An expression of impartiality?
Not so long as we apply it.

Objectivity is owned by the object.
Not its audience.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I would go to North Carolina and talk to a few of the really old trees (probably some conifers) to find out what really happened to the members of the Roanoke colony.

We already know - Croatoan! Of course.

The inscrutability here is only succeeded by the brilliance!

I do this, kuranes. But I do much more listening than I do talking. It all speaks.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I do this, kuranes. But I do much more listening than I do talking. It all speaks.

Some trees are more talkative than others. :)

124a653.jpg

jhxc2x.jpg

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would talk to a cockroach. I would ask the cockroach what it feels like to be so hated and what, for instance, is considered the worst way of dying; being stamped on, choking on bug spray, the chalk....Also, what's it like watching your buddy from a distance, lying flat on his back, kicking like a maniac.
I'll tell him that I'm sorry for his troubles and then I'll remember that I'm an ISTJ, and I'll realize we have lot in common...The End

That's not true. I've never come at an ISTJ with a shoe, insecticide, or chalk. A little fear paired with good intentions perhaps...

;)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know what I'd ask, but I'd like to speak with either a fly or an ant.

As for plants, probably a tree in Virginia somewhere in its forests.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
I don't think I would ask them anything... I mean what could I possibly ask and what could they possibly answer. If asked about their reasons and motives I believe the answers would probably be something along the lines of "because I feel like it", "because I don't feel like it", "because that scares the crap out of me", "because that makes me uncomfortable", or "I don't understand the question, we are all one".

What I would request is to be able to see what they see and feel what they feel, that would have helped me understanding my dog.. :)

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I don't think I would ask them anything... I mean what could I possibly ask and what could they possibly answer. If asked about their reasons and motives I believe the answers would probably be something along the lines of "because I feel like it", "because I don't feel like it", "because that scares the crap out of me", "because that makes me uncomfortable", or "I don't understand the question, we are all one".

OK, you got me. Cam ftw. :cheese:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For those who believe in it : The Fey. I would ask what makes them tick, what makes them stay here and how they view humans.

Sticking to creatures whose existence no one doubts: mammals, more specifically horses, considering the occupation I'm striving to, cats as I have 6 and Siberian Tigers, as I'm fascinated by them ;) I'd ask them the same questions as stated above.