• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
What if you knew you could talk to a being ( or beings in some cases ) that lives here on earth, and that normally cannot speak to humans, for a half hour only.
What would you ask ? You cannot divide the half hour up and talk to more than one category.
Categories -
( 1. ) Mammals
( 2. ) Plants ( an entire field or "crop" or a lone tree )
( 3. ) Insects ( a swarm or "hive mind" that might be the Queen or some collective
( 4. ) Bird ( flock ? - less certain of it being mostly one voice )
( 5. ) Lizard
etc.

Which category would you pick and what would you talk about ? Would you talk to a pet or would you talk to something you are even more curious about ?

Don't bother asking me how detailed their answers can be, as this is obviously not a scientific question. Just for farts and giggles. The speech may occur in a mind to mind manner and does not require a tongue etc. It might be very simple, if you are talking to a simple being. "Am I a good dog?" ( present tense only ) might be a question your pet would ask you. Or change the rules to suit yourself.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
This is a really interesting question, kuranes.

Hormonal/Collective sentience has always been an interesting biological question for me. As such, I'd probably try to interact with a community of minds.

Insects - with particular interest paid to ants/bees.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
This is a really interesting question, kuranes.

Hormonal/Collective sentience has always been an interesting biological question for me. As such, I'd probably try to interact with a community of minds.

Insects - with particular interest paid to ants/bees.
Interesting non-fiction science book on this, written long ago, called "The Soul of the White Ant"

We might even be able to get a good discussion going between bees or termites and an IT expert, who was comparing hierarchical systems and databases to other kinds. :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
We might even be able to get a good discussion going between bees or termites and an IT expert, who was comparing hierarchical systems and databases to other kinds. :)

Yes - that's precisely it.

What's particularly fascinating about insects is the efficiency of production - both in terms of basic reproduction and protection of lifestyle.

Individuality is a fascinating psychological creation. I think it would be exciting to seek a meaningful exchange with an entity disinclined towards a sense of personal autonomy.

Interesting non-fiction science book on this, written long ago, called "The Soul of the White Ant"

Thank you - I'm Googling it as we speak...

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i would talk to the glacier ice worm, because it is the loneliest creature. to know what you have, you must become aware of what you dont, and loneliness is said to be the greatest poverty.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
to know what you have, you must become aware of what you dont, and loneliness is said to be the greatest poverty.

Very well said, Grayscale.

Clearly, yours isn't a poverty of imagination.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
i would talk to the glacier ice worm, because it is the loneliest creature.
I wonder what similarities there might be to the thermal vent worms of the ocean ?

Is that cat in your avatar your pet ? ( Or is it a panther ? Can't tell. )

What would "you" ask your pet ? ( Others feel free to answer )

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if you knew you could talk to a being ( or beings in some cases ) that lives here on earth, and that normally cannot speak to humans, for a half hour only.
What would you ask ? You cannot divide the half hour up and talk to more than one category.
Categories -
( 1. ) Mammals
( 3. ) Insects ( a swarm or "hive mind" that might be the Queen or some collective
( 5. ) Lizard
etc.

Which category would you pick and what would you talk about ? Would you talk to a pet or would you talk to something you are even more curious about ?

Don't bother asking me how detailed their answers can be, as this is obviously not a scientific question. Just for farts and giggles. The speech may occur in a mind to mind manner and does not require a tongue etc. It might be very simple, if you are talking to a simple being. "Am I a good dog?" ( present tense only ) might be a question your pet would ask you. Or change the rules to suit yourself.

A female Luna Moth, Actias Luna.
247991589_b8777004dc.jpg

I would ask: Considering you live a week at most, have no way to speak or eat, will never see your mate again, and never know your children --is it still worth it?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I would talk to a cockroach. I would ask the cockroach what it feels like to be so hated and what, for instance, is considered the worst way of dying; being stamped on, choking on bug spray, the chalk....Also, what's it like watching your buddy from a distance, lying flat on his back, kicking like a maniac.
I'll tell him that I'm sorry for his troubles and then I'll remember that I'm an ISTJ, and I'll realize we have lot in common...The End

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I would go to North Carolina and talk to a few of the really old trees (probably some conifers) to find out what really happened to the members of the Roanoke colony.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I heard that there are these turtles that are still alive from the days of the Civil War... I'd like to chop it up with them. Hopefully they'd be coherent. I'd talk to a may fly too.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sperm Whales. I'd ask them about Giant Squid.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Categories -
( 1. ) Mammals
( 5. ) Lizard
etc.

Yes.
Thank you, Kuranes.

Category is not science.
Perception is.

Reflection is a stand by.
Intelligence is vision.

To judge is to narrow the vision.
It serves no purpose if the vision is wrong.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Yes.
Thank you, Kuranes.

Category is not science.
Perception is.

Intelligence is vision.

Profound as always, Wildcat.

You are correct:
To develop a cognitive roadmap,
Is to exclude possibility.

To find the correct answer one way,
Is to avoid finding it in others.
That isn't to suggest the answer is even necessarily correct -
Rather that its arguments are immediately falsifiable.

The ends and the means -
Whether in terms of one's scientific grammar,
Or through mathematical sculpture:
Create a beautiful panorama.

What happens when the sun sets?

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Yes.
Thank you, Kuranes.

Category is not science.
Perception is.

Intelligence is vision.

:)

What would you ask your cat, Wildcat ? Also - What do you think Victor would ask your cat, if you guys met ?

Profound as always, Wildcat.

You are correct:
To develop a cognitive roadmap,
Is to exclude possibility.

To find the correct answer one way,
Is to avoid finding it in others.
Categories -
Relational/Constructivist versus Record keeping - INTP Central