• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wine!

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I see there are a few threads about vodka, so they gave me the idea to pick everyone's brains about WINE! What are some of your favorites?

I've fallen in love with Pepperwood Grove's wine, and it's very well priced at $10 for a 750 ml bottle. When onsale, it's more like $7. w00t Thus far I've tried their Merlot and Cabernet. In fact, this was the first cab I've had that made me go Mmmm...I was quite turned off by me previous experience with cab.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I prefer ( in whites ) German wine, especially "Ausleser and up" grades, which would include Eiswein. In reds I prefer Pinot Noir.

Robert Stemmler made a good Pinot, I remember. My favorite Pinot bottle was probably a Coron Pere et Fils Mercurey, described as "unpretentious" in a book I found ( stop laughing :) ) . From the same company I enjoyed their Vosne Romanee.

V

violaine

I only like red wine, of which I prefer Pinot Noir. The nicest ones I've had have been from New Zealand, Tasmania and the Willamette Valley, Oregon.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
We need a moderator to lock this thread every time Pure Mercury logs on. It'll drive him nuts.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like both red and white, but the majority of what I've been drinking lately has been RED! Especially since we are moving into the colder months here, which call for bolder wines and darker beers! :p

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've found I prefer sweet wines, although red wine's been giving me trouble (possible allergic reaction) but I haven't done extensive experimentation to figure out what it is (could be the sulfites, but I've had less trouble with whites too...)

Mead absolutely rocks.
This one variety of Blueberry wine I tried at the Maryland Wine Festival rocks, it has overtones of cinnamon (IMO). Made by Loew Vineyards (Mt. Airy, MD)

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: a subject on which I know things!!! (I work at a winery!)

anything red and dry usually leaves the cockles of my heart happy- though I must say that spanish reds, argentine malbecs and chilean carmeneres make me especially delighted :wubbie:

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey, whatver--can you (or anyone else) explain the difference between sweet and dry! As I drink more wine, I think I'm starting to get a feel for the concept...but I'm not quite sure yet! So please feel free, anyone, to offer exaamples and explanations! :p

My friend has mentioned Malbecs a few times...he must <3 them. :p Next time he is in town, maybe I will get him to go pick a few new wines to expose me too. :p

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sweet means that you can taste a definite sweetness when drinking it, with a dry wine you can't :) (and with the right dry wine it makes it feel like you kinna ate alum or something- quite tannic :wubbie:)

sorry- vaguely drunk at the moment- hope that made sense :)

definitley go for a malbec- if it were human I'd run off with it and have its babies :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I work at a winery!

Sweet :happy2:

I'll happily sample any grape variety, I don't discriminate but nothing makes me happier than a firm, full-bodied, slap-you-in-the-face than slid-down-like-butter Aussie red. But I may be biased :blush:

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay, that makes since...that definition is what I had in mind...but I doubted it being that simple for some reason. :p LOL Oh, vaguely drunk? And what are you drinking this evening? :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
We need a moderator to lock this thread every time Pure Mercury logs on. It'll drive him nuts.

I love a wine thread!

Does anyone besides Trinity and me like the big, kick-you-in-the-mouth reds these days? I've had single glasses of tremendous Petit Sirahs and Amarones at Tria in Philly recently.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would be up for trying some of these big, kick-you-in-the-mouth reds that you speak of. :p They sound interesting. :D Have you any sugestions? :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure if they count as kick-you-in-the-mouth reds, but lately I'm really digging tempranillos and malbecs. As a fan of cheap wine too, I find Chilean reds have a great bang for the buck.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm not sure if they count as kick-you-in-the-mouth reds, but lately I'm really digging tempranillos and malbecs. As a fan of cheap wine too, I find Chilean reds have a great bang for the buck.

I agree. Chile and Argentina are good places to look for affordable, drinkable wines. At the Mexican bar/restaurant across my old place in South Philly, the vast majority of reds were from down there. Spain also has some great wines.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've really wanted to go tasting lately...too bad we don't live closer to eachother, or we could! :p Well, I guess we still could, but it would be slightly more difficult. :p lol I should find some people to go with...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generally like medium to expensive cabernet sauvignon and shiraz wines.

I usually drink Allesverloren Shiraz from Swartland, South Africa. It makes me happy, it tastes very good with most kinds of meat and it's just awesome.