• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wine!

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
I'd suggest a nice Chilean Carmenere or Argentine Malbec- either of which has plenty of tannins and flavor to knock your socks off ;)

A good shiraz, if you can find one, is a nice sexy wine as well, but bad shirazes abound unfortunatly. If you want to go french I'd suggest a bordeaux, and Italian I'd say nero d'avola. A good zinfandel (and NOT white) can be a lovely thing as well :)

Speaking of zinfandel (not white ;)), have you tried Cigarzin?
I'm not a wine expert at all, but I think it's one of the tastiest I've ever had.

As far as whites go I can hang with a good gerwurztraminer, but that's about it.

Franzia. You got me through high school. :thumbup:

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:holy: a subject on which I know things!!! (I work at a winery!)

anything red and dry usually leaves the cockles of my heart happy- though I must say that spanish reds, argentine malbecs and chilean carmeneres make me especially delighted :wubbie:

norton's riserva malbec 2005 is soo nice

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i can't stand sweet whites or zinfandels. pinot noir is too light bodied.

the light reds i like are almost always italians.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have a nice bottle of 2006 Prunotto Dolcetto D'Alba ready to go for my Farewell to Philly dinner tomorrow. :D

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I tend to prefer fuller-bodied wines, but I'm game for anything. Pinots, cabs, malbecs... whatever. I like some Greek white wines, though. It so depends on the winery and year. *shrug*

My favorite is sparkling wine. For the money, I'm a fan of Veuve Clicquot yellow label.

Sweeter wines make me sad inside. The only one that's kind of fun is Banfi.

For anyone in Houston, Austin, Dallas or Denver, I'd highly recommend Cru. It's this excellent wine bar with interesting flights. I order a flight or two and try a bunch of stuff when I go. And their cheese flights (mmm Humboldt Fog and Robiola Bosina) and three-cheese fondue with white truffle oil are amazing.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just had a terrible merlot wine called "Red Rover"... It's probably the worst I've ever tasted. Seriously. Ewww!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I tend to prefer fuller-bodied wines, but I'm game for anything. Pinots, cabs, malbecs... whatever. I like some Greek white wines, though. It so depends on the winery and year. *shrug*

I actually had a visceral reaction to reading this! :sick: My ex-roommate is Greek and brought me back a Greek white that was probably the worst wine I've ever tasted. It tasted EXACTLY like a pine tree air freshener. I was subsequently told that I had not gotten a skunked bottle, but that it was actually supposed to taste like that.

My favorite is sparkling wine. For the money, I'm a fan of Veuve Clicquot yellow label.

Veuve Clicquot yellow label is my favorite reasonably priced "champagne". Sparkling reds get a roll of the eyes from a lot of people, but I love Lambrusco.

Sweeter wines make me sad inside. The only one that's kind of fun is Banfi.

I like Canadian red ice wines, but only if I don't really think of them as wines. They're more like a liqueur or a dessert.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm excited about Thanksgiving coming up...it the perfect excuse to drink copious ammounts of wine. :p So hopefully my family picks something good! :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
May I suggest a pinot noir or a dry gewurztraminer for your thanksgiving meal? :nerd:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
On the rare occasions when I drink wine, I'll take a red, red wine like merlot.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Leeuwin Estate 2005 Riesling Product of Australia

Dry, clean and crisp. Solid. Paring with bleu cheese and it's delectable.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so last night i hung out at a friend's place and she had this awful wine that came in a jug. It was terrible, now I understand college and cheap wine, but please people that stuff's undrinkable. Plus it was pink, and I've never liked the taste of pink wine.

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
White Wines, Riesling and Grüner Veltliner are my favorites. Haven't figured out a certain one yet.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I actually had a visceral reaction to reading this! :sick: My ex-roommate is Greek and brought me back a Greek white that was probably the worst wine I've ever tasted. It tasted EXACTLY like a pine tree air freshener. I was subsequently told that I had not gotten a skunked bottle, but that it was actually supposed to taste like that.

Retsina is DISGUSTING!

Veuve Clicquot yellow label is my favorite reasonably priced "champagne". Sparkling reds get a roll of the eyes from a lot of people, but I love Lambrusco.

I've been getting into Proseccos more recently, but check out this champagne. IMHO, it blows Veuve and Dom Perignon out of the water, and it costs $45.

Moore Brothers Wine Company Delaware : NV Diebolt-Vallois Blanc de Blancs

I like Canadian red ice wines, but only if I don't really think of them as wines. They're more like a liqueur or a dessert.

Canada and Germany are producing more of these wines. Interesting stuff, worth exploring.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
My friends from Calgary brought some White Zinfindel when they came to visit...they put ice in it. I was apalled. :p

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I enjoy German whites, but apart that, I can't give anymore specifics.