• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pumpkin Beer

Do you like pumpkin beer?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
never had it so i dunno, but if the place we're going tonight has one i'm trying it and will answer the poll later but if not then i won't.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorites are Dogfish Head Punkin, and Weyerbachers Imperial Pumpkin. I have had numerous others.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I haven't found a Pumpkin that isn't disappointing. It never tastes like pumpkin.

Pumpkin shnapps is the best!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't found a Pumpkin that isn't disappointing. It never tastes like pumpkin.

Pumpkin shnapps is the best!

I like schanpps. I had some butterscotch schnapps at a ski lodge in Colorado. I joked that it was a real mountain man drink.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nearly every pumpkin beer I've ever had was too sweet for me. Schlafly used to make a pumpkin porter that I loved - actually the first porter I ever loved! - but I don't think they make it anymore. The other day I tried Southern Tier's Cold Press Coffee Pumking and thought it was pretty good... but still too sweet.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tried 2 the first i didn't like bluemoon's pumpkin wheat and the 2nd i did which was voodoo ranger atomic pumpkin.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
How can beer taste bad IMO? put pumpkin in it... Not a fan. It's just not in my flavor preferences. I don't much care for pumpkin pie either. Jack-o-lanterns, i like those. pumpkin fields just before the harvest at twilight and after dark, yes. Pumpkin spice: nay.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I didn't vote because I've found pumpkin beers I like, but it seems like there are more out there that taste artificial and bad than there are good ones.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I didn't vote because I've found pumpkin beers I like, but it seems like there are more out there that taste artificial and bad than there are good ones.

Don't suppose you'd consider sharing those ones you liked? I hate to dislike any beer, so I'm open to suggestions...

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Don't suppose you'd consider sharing those ones you liked? I hate to dislike any beer, so I'm open to suggestions...

Smuttynose makes a really good one. Also, Rumpkin from Avery Brewing is expensive (like $15-20 for 12oz) but it's pumpkin beer aged in rum barrels and is very tasty.

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
I didn't know Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had a brewery.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried some my dad had a couple months back but I don't remember the name. It was pretty good.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but it depends on the brand.

Pumpkin cider > Pumpkin beer

ACE pumpkin is vastly superior to anything. Ive had many brands though, but pumpkin goes best in a wheat beer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, but it depends on the brand.

Pumpkin cider > Pumpkin beer

ACE pumpkin is vastly superior to anything. Ive had many brands though, but pumpkin goes best in a wheat beer.

I didn't realize ACE made pumpkin cider. I'm mostly familiar with the pineapple.

Fun fact.... did you know Johnny Appleseeds apples were actually used for cider?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't realize ACE made pumpkin cider. I'm mostly familiar with the pineapple.

Fun fact.... did you know Johnny Appleseeds apples were actually used for cider?

yes ACE makes like 6 types of cider, and they are all very good.

I didnt know that :p

Metis

I don't like beer, but I try it occasionally, just because I once had one that I liked. It was the same story with wine, back in the olden days.