• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strange taste combos that are amazing

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
i'd eat that actually i'd eat most things in this thread except for things i don't like indvidually already.

here's one
cottage cheese with mayo and black pepper

No mayo but definitely pepper but more often Mrs. Dash.

This is more for a flatbread or thin pizza but I make it on the grill with a wheat shell all the time.

Honeymoon Pizza - Everyday Home Cook

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Vegemite and raisin bread. Then again, I suppose that's not exactly strange - sweet and salty go well together.

(Then again, it could be argued that anything with Vegemite can be considered strange.)

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
screen-shot-2013-09-18-at-13-18-29.png

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So, a combo I actually really don't like but my brother does (I don't get it) is whenever we go to Coldstone for ice cream (always ice cream with me I swear haha) he will order mint ice cream with peanut butter cups. Peanut butter... and mint?? I mean, the flavors don't particularly oppose each other in any gross way to me, but they also don't complement or enhance one another either. It's almost like some weird pairing just for the sake of being weird with no purpose to it. The two flavors stay as singular in my mouth and don't add any benefit.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like Nacho Cheese Doritos or Spicy Doritos with cottage cheese for a dip. That's not really all that strange though. I think people like to dip doritos into ranch dip, and cottage cheese is similar to that. It's a cool wet taste with a contrasted by a dry warm taste, and the saltiness of both is what brings the flavors into harmony. Anyone else do this? I haven't met anyone outside my family that eats these things together. For the longest time, I thought that the idea came from my mom, because fat free cottage cheese would be healthier than ranch dip. But nope. This cottage cheese thing is something my dad's been doing since childhood.

I switched the chips out for Baked Lays in my adult years. The contrast of the flavors has become a bit much for me, but I enjoy the Dorito-cottage cheese combo every once in a while, like when I visit my parents.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like Nacho Cheese Doritos or Spicy Doritos with cottage cheese for a dip. That's not really all that strange though. I think people like to dip doritos into ranch dip, and cottage cheese is similar to that. It's a cool wet taste with a contrasted by a dry warm taste, and the saltiness of both is what brings the flavors into harmony. Anyone else do this? I haven't met anyone outside my family that eats these things together. For the longest time, I thought that the idea came from my mom, because fat free cottage cheese would be healthier than ranch dip. But nope. This cottage cheese thing is something my dad's been doing since childhood.

I switched the chips out for Baked Lays in my adult years. The contrast of the flavors has become a bit much for me, but I enjoy the Dorito-cottage cheese combo every once in a while, like when I visit my parents.

8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz sour cream
1 small can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
â…“ cup Bacon Bits
¼ tsp garlic powder (although I use ½ tsp)

This is an actual dip for Doritos. I never felt Doritos needed dip but, I was wrong.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Red grapes with ranch dressing. Not too weird since ranch dressing is like peanut butter (and cottage cheese, I see) - good on almost anything.

I have learned from Indian people how good fruit in a curry sauce can be. I suppose banana and pumpkin as a savory dish is not that odd, but I wouldn't have imagined it before.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I like pretty much anything dipped in ketchup.

Peas and ketchup- carrots and ketchup...

Lots of veggies and ketchup tastes wondeful.

Ketchup and mac and cheese mmmmmm

I also dip my chips in ketchup which is apparently weird but I dont think so because I mean its fine to do that with fries so why not chips?

Ever had Omu-rice? It's a japanese thing. A plain omelette on a mixture of ground meat ( anything is fine) mixed with peas, carrots, onion, tomato paste, ketchup and chicken broth over rice. It's so good.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My boyfriend got me started on pizza dipped in ranch, and in the past I've enjoyed a pineapple and green olive pizza. I'll also put peanut butter on waffles and pancakes under the syrup because then it tastes like a candy bar. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My boyfriend got me started on pizza dipped in ranch, and in the past I've enjoyed a pineapple and green olive pizza. I'll also put peanut butter on waffles and pancakes under the syrup because then it tastes like a candy bar. :)

i know a lot of people who dip ranch in pizza, that's not weird. I like dipping pizza rolls in a mixture of parmasean,ranch, and hot sauce. subpar pizza needs ranch it disguises the fact it's subpar.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Red grapes with ranch dressing. Not too weird since ranch dressing is like peanut butter (and cottage cheese, I see) - good on almost anything.

I have learned from Indian people how good fruit in a curry sauce can be. I suppose banana and pumpkin as a savory dish is not that odd, but I wouldn't have imagined it before.

ok this is weird ranch on grapes i'd try it but maybe it be good sometimes they put grapes in salads idk my first reaction to this was ewwww no fucking way where everything else has been hmm yes i do that or huh? i'd be willing to try it. I'd try it once but i don't expect to like it tbh.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Arsenic and automotive anti-freeze. Apart they both taste pretty offensive, but combined they surprisingly elevate each other.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ok this is weird ranch on grapes i'd try it but maybe it be good sometimes they put grapes in salads idk my first reaction to this was ewwww no fucking way where everything else has been hmm yes i do that or huh? i'd be willing to try it. I'd try it once but i don't expect to like it tbh.

haha! This is the one that weirds you out? :D
In a spinach salad with red onion and cucumber, the red grapes + ranch combo is even better :wink:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i know a lot of people who dip ranch in pizza, that's not weird. I like dipping pizza rolls in a mixture of parmasean,ranch, and hot sauce. subpar pizza needs ranch it disguises the fact it's subpar.
My bf was the first I've ever met to do that, but I don't exactly keep track of humanity's eating habits.