• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strange taste combos that are amazing

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very interesting combo, I wonder if smoked whitefish would work or be too assertive. I also love honeydew/prosciutto. That sandwich I posted came from a cheese ball. I eat the shit out of oysters so the canape sounds good too.

I'm going to make this sometime this weekend, I may stick to just asparagus.

Spring Vegetable Salad With Poached Egg and Crispy Bread Crumbs Recipe | Serious Eats

The oyster canape is great because it's incredibly cheap for the kind of flavor you're getting.

I havent had smoked white fish. Just keep in mind that the saltiness of the fish combines with the bacon, so if you go saltier on one you might use like a turkey bacon to balance everything out.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
salmon cheesecake pairs well with citrus infused ipas and sour ales

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The oyster canape is great because it's incredibly cheap for the kind of flavor you're getting.

I havent had smoked white fish. Just keep in mind that the saltiness of the fish combines with the bacon, so if you go saltier on one you might use like a turkey bacon to balance everything out.

I love fish but I don't love salmon and this really bothers me at times lol. Like when I look at a bagel. However, I do love whitefish which is often use on a bagel. I don't know that it would be more salty than the salmon but around here, there are many varieties of smoked whitefish since it's locally fished. The turkey bacon is a good point. I don't care for it on it's own but combined with other items it's good.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love fish but I don't love salmon and this really bothers me at times lol. Like when I look at a bagel. However, I do love whitefish which is often use on a bagel. I don't know that it would be more salty than the salmon but around here, there are many varieties of smoked whitefish since it's locally fished. The turkey bacon is a good point. I don't care for it on it's own but combined with other items it's good.

Is it a texture thing with the salmon?

That salad you linked looks amazing, btw. How did it turn out?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And in the weird food realm I just crushed up a hard-boiled egg and mixed it with vegetarian taco filling, then put it on a whole-wheat tortilla with ranch, cheese, and spinach. I think I just really needed protein? :huh:

The Cat

Staff member
butter pecan ice cream, fresh crispy dill pickles, with a hot soft pretzel.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I love lox and cream cheese on a bagel. Amazing.

Also, mole negra and chicken. You wouldn't think chocolate and chicken would work, but it does, wonderfully.

The Cat

Staff member
omg I swore I was the only one.

Well I guess we were both wrong in that regard. ^_^
a56f719a01691eeaec606fcee8b60dff--love-drawings-couple-anime-couples-drawings.jpg

Not my invention but I initially was disgusted by the thought of fried dill pickles. I was wrong. Delicious.

Oh and any older members remembering Laverne and Shirley and Laverne's milk and Pepsi drink. Not great but not nearly as disturbing as I thought.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This has been said before but peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are amazing.

I'm not sure this is considered weird anymore but I love french fries with ranch.

The weirdest thing I've ever eaten was a peanut butter, bologna and apricot jelly sandwich. It was... interesting. Needed pickles.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mexican beans and cheddar sitting on a microwave.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Prpl, is anyone else from 2009ish still around on the forums? It has been a few years.