User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Oh and I’m going car camping this weekend and would love some easy meal ideas...does anyone have any ridiculously easy but decent...or make-ahead favorites?
    Likes Metis, The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5W6

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    The Lake Isle of Innisfree
    William Butler Yeats

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
    And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
    Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
    And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
    Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
    There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
    And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
    I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
    While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
    I hear it in the deep heart's core.

Also a wonderful scent (cologne) from Ireland. "Innis"
    Being a Good Man is not a part time job.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5W6

I should camp again. It was wonderful when I was younger, so much exploring and learning. Playing with the lantern and cooking stoves. Somehow sleeping in the mud in uniform and the constant smell of diesel changed my view of camping, but there are so many ways to make it more enjoyable these days. It would be nice to spend a whole day investigating the bank of a stream or pond again.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Oh and I’m going car camping this weekend and would love some easy meal ideas...does anyone have any ridiculously easy but decent...or make-ahead favorites?
    eggs
    tuna salad
    bacon
    bread
    oven baked sweet potato chips
    pizza
    hot dogs
    waffles
    pancakes
    (i'm just listing stuff now)
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Starry, The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Why does car camping sound like a euphemism for homelessness, used by a pair of down on their luck parents to describe their current predicament to their elementary school aged children, given as an explanation as to why little timmy has had the same mustard stain on his wrinkled shirt the last three days in a row and smells like body odor and stale Cool Ranch Doritos.

I hope this is by choice and not by circumstance, as sleeping in the back of a 1993 Honda Civic doesn't sound like nearly the glorious adventure that you're making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Bob View Post
    I should camp again. It was wonderful when I was younger, so much exploring and learning. Playing with the lantern and cooking stoves. Somehow sleeping in the mud in uniform and the constant smell of diesel changed my view of camping, but there are so many ways to make it more enjoyable these days. It would be nice to spend a whole day investigating the bank of a stream or pond again.
    Why/when were you sleeping in the mud in uniform?
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Why does car camping sound like a euphemism for homelessness, used by a pair of down on their luck parents to describe their current predicament to their elementary school aged children, given as an explanation as to why little timmy has had the same mustard stain on his wrinkled shirt the last three days in a row and smells like body odor and stale Cool Ranch Doritos.

I hope this is by choice and not by circumstance, as sleeping in the back of a 1993 Honda Civic doesn't sound like nearly the glorious adventure that you're making it out to be.
    Car camping can also be sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground or even a pad or cot, but keeping all your food and stuff in the car, closeby. Instead of hiking out and packing it all with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post

This is kinda like the “Life is Beautiful” of the 2008 finincial crash...I’m envisioning a future movie...

Don’t think for a moment that it hasn’t crossed my mind...when I consider how bad I am at all the things you need to be good at or even just “be okay with doing” in order to make a living these days...that it is a damn good thing I’m not only a highly skilled car camper but that I enjoy it as well haha. Because it has. Along with “I’ll show them...who’s laughing now huh? What are you gonna do with that flat screen tv now huh?” (I am so prepared for any type of aftermath or zombie apocalypse )

edit: Although I am just now recalling that my dad had an old Honda Civic he used as a commuter that I blew 2 tires on and did some under-damage to when I borrowed it and accidentally turned onto some train tracks that I thought was a road...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

This is kinda like the “Life is Beautiful” of the 2008 finincial crash...I’m envisioning a future movie...

Don’t think for a moment that it hasn’t crossed my mind...when I consider how bad I am at all the things you need to be good at or even just “be okay with doing” in order to make a living these days...that it is a damn good thing I’m not only a highly skilled car camper but that I enjoy it as well haha. Because it has. Along with “I’ll show them...who’s laughing now huh? What are you gonna do with that flat screen tv now huh?” (I am so prepared for any type of aftermath or zombie apocalypse )

edit: Although I am just now recalling that my dad had an old Honda Civic he used as a commuter that I blew 2 tires on and did some under-damage to when I borrowed it and accidentally turned onto some train tracks that I thought was a road...
    The idea of taking a van or trailer and abandoning the concept of a permanent residence and travelling around the country is still highly appealing to me even though I'm no longer 10.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5W6

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    Why/when were you sleeping in the mud in uniform?
    Reserve military duty when I was younger. I enjoyed that time and what I learned, but it would have been nice to look in ponds for tadpoles and listen to birds.