• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which gives you a worse hangover wine/beer or liquor?

Which gives you a worse hangover beer/wine or liquor

• Total voters

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm doing it now i like it, the only down side is you get the fat to coagulate but as long as your not a wimp it won't be a problem others don't. but MEAT!

Can you skim the congealed fat?

Enneagram
9w1
Idk I usually feel amazing the day after, a morning euphoria and feeling of wellbeing and not much guilt of what I did last night. Though I do feel physically weak by midday and couldn't do much. But nothing bad.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The worst hangover I ever had was after drinking goon (bagged cheap wine), which had me bed-ridden for the entire day and throwing up. I also have a bad habbit of mixing all three kinds of drinks when I go drinking with the boys, never ends well.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
1) I was hanging out with someone who evened out some really shitty vodka with some table salt. It changed my life. He was making greyhounds with Burnetts and some grapefruits he'd picked from a tree outside his house, then put some salt on top, shook it and it was completely smoothed out the vodka. I don't know if this is as surprising to others as it was to me.

On a side note, there is a reason for this - salt transforms and enhances flavor, and pairs particularly well with grapefruit in this respect, so the difference might have been due more to the salt increasing the perception of sweetness by diminishing your ability to taste bitterness. Salting fruit is a common practice in some cultures (Mexico, for instance), & there is a reason some people prefer a Salty Dog to a Greyhound - even though the only difference between the two is a salted rim. I tend bar for a living, so understanding salt as a taste mechanism is particularly important when creating cocktails. :yes: