• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Steak

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just thought you should know.

steakwr8.jpg

Plus I just wanted to make your mouth water. :drool:

Also, feel free to share the method you like to cook your steak best, favorite cuts, seasonings, marinades, sauces, etc.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'll use a porterhouse for example but it depends very much on the cut of beef as to what I do to prep it.

I grill but more often I use a very well seasoned cast iron pan. The pan is always oiled when I put it away so I simply heat it on high until it is smoking. I add a little butter and let it brown a bit.

I lay the steak in the pan, making sure the surface is flat against the pan. I don't move it for 4 minutes. Then flip and do the same to the other side. Remove from the pan and let sit for a few minutes. Inhale.

That's it. Blue rare to rare.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm a fan of ribeyes. Not the healthiest, but definitely the juiciest cut.

I like to grill it. First, rub it down with oil then create a steak seasoning crust. My favorite is actually a pretty cheap seasoning but I've only seen it in Texas. It's Bolners Fiesta Brand Texas steak seasoning. Maybe two or three bucks for a huge bottle. Awesome stuff.

I don't have a grill here in Florida, so I'm content to just broil it. Not nearly as good, but it'll do in a pinch. I'll often sear it quickly on my grill pan then throw that under the broiler.

I also like to tent the steaks and let them rest a bit while I finish making any side dishes. I will often create a compound butter, using Plugra butter and whatever herbs or spices I want. Soften the butter, mix in the herbs, then let the mixture melt over the steak.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I love steak especially medium rare. though I'm no expert on cuts I usually get the smallest size at a resteraunt and I can't even eat all of that along with the bread and the soup and baked potato (loaded naturally). I just ate and I really want a steak now. curse you and your photo.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Definitely the meat has to be tender for me. Chewy steak is like that scene on the Matrix where you saw a titty shot, and then Reeve's Mr. Yuck Face qualifying ass right afterwards. I like anywhere between medium-rare to medium-well.

I like the meat to be marinated overnight, I use a variety of things but seeing as how I tend to cook steak and use leftovers for fajita meat I favor cilantro lime marinades.

I use a cheap brand of seasoning too called Uncle Kracker's somethingorother. I recognize the bottle lol. It tastes good on a variety of meats.

Light A-1 sauce usually covers up any bad cooking, but if it's made right I don't need any sauce at all.

Also, for those who have H.E.B. in their areas, that pre-marinated and seasoned fajita meat rocks. Both the chicken and steak kinds were awesome and easy to cook.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Medium, usually. NY strip is my favorite, cooked with some old bay + grill mates (montreal steak) on both sides. Sometimes I experiment with paprika, or cinnamon.

The best way to cook it, which I don't do often (since I rarely buy wine), is in an iron skillet with a little bit of wine (sweet wine even better), cooking the resulting wine+juices after the steak's been removed so that it forms a syrupy sauce. No A1 required there.
Once when I was *really* bored (and feeling adventuresome) I tried grapefruit juice instead of wine, cooking it likewise to thicken the sauce. The resulting sauce was really mild but surprisingly delicious.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't eat meat very often, but when I do it should be well done.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Steak is just awesome. Rare to medium rare depending on the cut. I've found that I like how it cooks in the broiler of a gas stove, or the toaster oven believe it or not. Just the meat. No sauce. Salt and pepper. Pepper maybe.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Medium ftw. Steak is my favorite food. Followed shortly by other variants of beef. I'm a Texas boy.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Rare to medium, depending on how much I trust the restaurant to not be infested with e-coli. I probably won't ever try blue rare. I don't want my food talking back to me.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i like my steak well done. If there is any pink at all, i will not eat it. I'd rather it be burned than pink.
I usually order sirloin i like it with sauteed mushrooms. yum yum.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Cut in 1" cubes and marinate in a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Johnny's Dock meat seasoning.

Thread on skewers with mushrooms, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and onions. Grill to charred on outside, pink on inside. Over a bed of coals with some mesquite chips.

Serve on wild rice with a tossed salad.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I slightly prefer to tear my steak right off the cow and eat it in front of him, until the farmer chases me away.

MBTI Type
INTJ
A whole thread devoted entirely to steak. Hmm, you've outdone yourself!

My favorite is porterhouse, because it has the best of both worlds, a beefy strip and a tender filet. I like to rub it with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper, and then sear it on both sides and finish in the oven for a few minutes until it's medium. And then smother it in caramelized onions.

YUM.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bottom sirloin, soaked overnight in beer, garlic and salt and then cooked medium, with the outside charred :wubbie:

got used to the cut and the marinade in Brazil... one of the best places on earth for steak!

Last edited:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rare to medium, depending on how much I trust the restaurant to not be infested with e-coli. I probably won't ever try blue rare. I don't want my food talking back to me.

I get these thoughts too whenever I order steak, but somehow I don't get them when I order carpaccio, which I love. Strange. :huh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
22 oz. New York Strip, medium rare with some nice spices. I moved to Cow Town, Alberta with this as one of my reasons. :drool: :D