• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does having a nice fridge significantly improve one's quality of life?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking of getting a new refrigerator, the kind that has two doors at the top and both open to the fridge, and the freezer is at the bottom. My current fridge is small and the condiments don't all fit in the doors, so they're constantly in the way of the juice n' stuff.

Has anyone here ever bought a new fridge and felt like it changed their life or improved their eating habits?

Permabanned
can confirm

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was thinking of getting a new refrigerator, the kind that has two doors at the top and both open to the fridge, and the freezer is at the bottom. My current fridge is small and the condiments don't all fit in the doors, so they're constantly in the way of the juice n' stuff.

Has anyone here ever bought a new fridge and felt like it changed their life or improved their eating habits?

Yes. I have a French door fridge and I love it but if I had my way and the space (and the cash) I would just buy a commercial size refrigerator, two doors, no freezer.

Two things I would suggest when getting a new fridge. Invest in some of these...

SO_14_FridgeBins_R0130_CMYK_600.jpg

Fridge Binz. Available anywhere they sell home goods or online. It will keep your fridge significantly cleaner and more organized so nothing gets lost. The second thing is to unbox everything possible. That also makes things more organized and less likely to get lost. They also make Freezer Binz and Pantry Binz, which are just as helpful.

Because the crispers are more efficient, produce keeps longer in the newer fridges so, you can eat healthier.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My parents just got a new fridge after like forever with the old one and I can say- its pretty cool. Its got hidden pockets like everywhere and is just so much more sleek and yeah- I approve and would encourage others to take the fridge 'jump'

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I have s very tiny, very out-dated refridgerator. The biggest problem for me is how low the bottom shelf is. I can't bend that far too clean it.

If I had the money I would upgrade without a second thought.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my mom has a nice fridge but then she has 2 more fridge and 1 more freezer, she entertains and makes chocolates so she needs the room only 2 are less than 30 years old. the first being the one the kitchen because we thought the old one was broken so they went out and bought a new fridge my dad fixed the old one and put it in a different room that is used mostly for drinks. and then a business fridge that is suppose to be for chocolates but is an over flow fridge for showers,parties, and holidays, then a freezer in the basement that my grandpa brought my mom full of food when she was pregnant with my brother.

i dunno if it improves quality of life just you can't run out of room with that many fridges and freezers. i have a normal fridge ie fridge on the bottom freezer on top no ice maker. it fits my needs

but i actually came here to tell you that i keep reading fridge as fudge and really wish i had some fudge so i'm blaming you.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is such a confusing thread. Why would having a nice fridge improve the quality of your life?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I had a really old fridge for much of my childhood. When I was a young adult the first thing I did with our money was buy a brand new fridge. Ours was really dying.. it was very old.

Suddenly milk lasted to the expiration date, food stayed fresh longer, we could fit more in there because the layout was nicer. I've always been partial to the double doors--one side freezer and one side fridge.

I'd say you don't need a super fancy spiffy brand new one.. but any of the couple year old scratch and dents are going to be awesome.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, but having a fully functioning one does.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
This is such a confusing thread. Why would having a nice fridge improve the quality of your life?

you can keep your eggs fresh longer so you can keep your best pre babies longer then when you find sperm of super genius space magician and still it you can have a kid that will be so rich that when you're close to death it can keep you alive for ever if you choose because not only is the kid rich s/he is the smartest person ever. duh, seriously how is that not obvious?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you can keep your eggs fresh longer so you can keep your best pre babies longer then when you find sperm of super genius space magician and still it you can have a kid that will be so rich that when you're close to death it can keep you alive for ever if you choose because not only is the kid rich s/he is the smartest person ever. duh, seriously how is that not obvious?

Oh, my bad. I can't believe I didn't realize that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I have to play Tetris with my food to get a carrot out of the fridge. It sounds fun, but it's in 3D so it's hard and I have to hunch over while doing it. Maybe i eat less carrots and more chips because I don't feel like getting them out of the fridge, and I get take-out more. And it eats up some of my mental energy. I don't know if most people stop to consider how much these little aggravations deter one's will to persevere.

I need a new dishwasher too.

Enneagram
9w1
Well if you have cancer and/or are dying within the next... well if you even have a rough estimate of the time of your death, then a fridge might not do you any good when it comes to life satisfaction. I would look towards other things that help with your own wellbeing, like a weekly yoga class on the weekends.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have to play Tetris with my food to get a carrot out of the fridge. It sounds fun, but it's in 3D so it's hard and I have to hunch over while doing it. Maybe i eat less carrots and more chips because I don't feel like getting them out of the fridge, and I get take-out more. And it eats up some of my mental energy. I don't know if most people stop to consider how much these little aggravations deter one's will to persevere.

I need a new dishwasher too.

then you don't need a nicer fridge just a bigger one.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well if you have cancer and/or are dying within the next... well if you even have a rough estimate of the time of your death, then a fridge might not do you any good when it comes to life satisfaction. I would look towards other things that help with your own wellbeing, like a weekly yoga class on the weekends.

You mean I can't have cancer and get a nice new fridge? Bummer.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want a nice fridge, I want a nice set of utensils to cook with, I want a nice double oven, I just want an amazing kitchen, period! :17425:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes, having a functioning and large enough fridge surely improves your life. It better preserves food and since it is larger you need to shop less, what saves some time and money in the end.
Plus it is a good milestone for starting to eat less crap.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I want a nice fridge, I want a nice set of utensils to cook with, I want a nice double oven, I just want an amazing kitchen, period! :17425:

do you have neighbors with nice kitchens?

if so just walk in like you own the place and start cooking, and if you it right they might just assume you came with the kitchen.

actually i want a nicer stove, its not a bad stove it's a good stove, but the oven is slightly hotter then a normal stove and i often forget to deduct time off and it burns. my neighbor's stove is worse he has to cook at a lower temp and cut the time in half. ps i can't reach the smoke alarm to shut it off when it decides to throw a tantrum so i usually yell at it to shut up.