• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

chipotles in adobo wtf to do with them?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
any suggestions?

so i'm making chicken burrito bowls and the marinade uses this, but only 2tbs and like tomato paste you have to buy a whole can so anyone know anything else to use them with. otherwise they're just gonna sit in the fridge go bad and i'll have to toss them.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
any suggestions?

so i'm making chicken burrito bowls and the marinade uses this, but only 2tbs and like tomato paste you have to buy a whole can so anyone know anything else to use them with. otherwise they're just gonna sit in the fridge go bad and i'll have to toss them.

You can use them in chili, braising liquid for meat (slow cooker Chipotle pork ribs) You can use some for making Chipotle hummus. Man, they go with so much!

You can take them out of the sauce and rinse (for less strength of flavor), chop, and sautee with mushrooms and onions as a topping for steak.

It keeps for a while.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huh, here I was thinking this was a thread about restaurant locations haha!

... I'll let you guys finish this

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Huh, here I was thinking this was a thread about restaurant locations haha!

... I'll let you guys finish this

yes i actually i have a bunch of chipotle resteraunts in my closet and i have no idea where to put them

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes i actually i have a bunch of chipotle resteraunts in my closet and i have no idea where to put them

I think you know who you must become. Thousands of hungry customers are waiting :blush:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I was about to say the same. Most recipes only call for 1-2 tbsp at a time :) so little ice cube trays of them usually makes a perfect amount.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
^ I was about to say the same. Most recipes only call for 1-2 tbsp at a time :) so little ice cube trays of them usually makes a perfect amount.

Exactly. The same can be done with tomato paste but I like the stuff in a tube. Even more now that they have so many varieties.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Exactly. The same can be done with tomato paste but I like the stuff in a tube. Even more now that they have so many varieties.

wait they now sale tomato paste in a tube in the us? my mom use to bring tubes back from europe and they're great i have one in my fridge.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
wait they now sale tomato paste in a tube in the us? my mom use to bring tubes back from europe and they're great i have one in my fridge.

Sure, for some time now. I see it everywhere or you can order online.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've decided I'm going to make a huge pot of chili and throw the rest of the can in

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
they're also good in a vinaigrette for salad, in barbecue sauce, rubbed on meat before grilling or as an add in when making hamburgers or meatloaf... for the next time you end up with a can of them ;)