• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sushi

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha I've made sushi on my own, it's slightly challenging but fun..... key is to get your fish at a good market that declares it sushi-grade or calls it "sashimi" (hint: usually an asian market). never make sushi using raw fish that's not labeled as such. raw fish is supposed to stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days, 1 day is my limit.

or, of course, use cooked types of seafood (e.g. crab, shrimp, etc).

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Actually, non-traditional sushi's pretty fun to make! (cut-rolls with CA rolls inside with a combination of other sorts.)

My favorite ones to order at Japanese restaurants:
Crunchy rolls
Caterpillar rolls (avacado/unagi on the outside/CA in the inside).

For a more traditional selection, I love Hamachi/Toro (it just melts in your mouth). So good!

If interested, for free-lessons, check out Youtube. Key thing is to keep the knife clean/wet when cutting (always wet it first). For recipes, google it (I dislike foodNetworks version of how to make the rice- it's too salty). Enjoy!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of sushi (unlike everything else ;)), but I usually like it quite a lot.

What he said. Most of the time I'm eating sushi, I haven't a clue what I'm eating, I just know that it tastes good. Who needs the details hey? :newwink:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmmmm. . . eel, spicy yellowtail, oh toro tuna, salmon, mackerel. . . I can actually do octopus in small doses. The fish roe stuff was not my bag, though.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mmmmmmm sushi! I love the stuff! :'D

My family would always make sushi. Our tradition would be to have avocado, eel/crab, cucumber, sesame seeds, and a special sauce in a roll. I have no idea how they make the special sauce.Nver really bothered to ask... ahaha.

But I LOOOVE unagi rolls. Or any dish in particular that has eel. It's yum. X3
I don't mind eating anything raw either. In fact, I saw this thing on youtube where they were eating live octopus at this Korean restaurant. I totally wanna try that! 8'D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mmm...Mackeral. Yellowtail. Tuna. (I always have to watch for that sneaky salmon trying to sneak into all the rolls.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the non raw sushi with cream cheese or meat in it when I'm very hungry. Sushi tastes and feels disgusting in my mouth when I'm not that hungry.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I will bargain for anything with tempura.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can't stand seafood, so I only eat chicken sushi that's been cooked. A lot.

I like pretty much any kind of chicken sushi though.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Salmon sashimi. I get outrageous cravings for it.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yep, toro for me, too.

Sushi tastes and feels disgusting in my mouth when I'm not that hungry.

This might mean you've never had decent sushi (eminently possible if you live outside Japan), Blackcat. Good sushi should never feel slimy or chewy in the mouth, nor should it be 'fishy'.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
veggie roll and seaweed roll, pretty sure those are the only ones i can have, i've never seen a veggie-tofu roll, i bet it's out there...

O

Oberon

UNAGI!

unagi-thumb.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea what most of it is.
But I like it all, so far. :yes:

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I'm extremely fond of the eel variants. Mmm - dragon rolls!

That said, sushi is never complete without its most faithful sidekick, soy sauce.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've tried, but don't usually care for the raw stuff, though I don't mind a bit of raw tuna on top of a roll.

Some of my favorite signature rolls at my favorite sushi place:

Marry Me Roll - shrimp tempura & ginger cream topped with avocado, tuna & strawberry

Sexy Roll - coconut shrimp tempura, ginger cream & cilantro topped with avocado, crawfish & mango

Dancing Eel Roll - avocado, masago & cream cheese topped with smoked eel

and the best one:

Wasabi Crusted Salmon Roll - panko crusted roll with salmon, cream cheese & scallions

Plus TONS of wasabi and no ginger, please.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought about this some more.
I still don't know what a lot of this sushi stuff is specifically. I still like it.

I do especially like the ones wrapped in seaweed.
And eel's a favorite. I recognize that. :yes: My friends all hate it. And make a fuss.

No soy sauce/wasabi/other additives, please.
Gross. :D

I wish it wasn't so expensive... :cry:
It's the only thing that would force me to set aside my hatred of going out to eat in restaurants, as I have no clue how to make this stuff on my own.