• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

we're gonna die, bro

Tater

Atmospheric carbon dioxide has reached a historic threshold as levels remain above 400 parts per million through the end of September – the point in which values typically drop to their lowest.
Climate scientists now warn that it’s ‘almost impossible’ that these numbers will fall next month, and likely won’t dip below 400ppm in the foreseeable future.
While there may be brief, daily events in which the levels fall short of this amount, monthly values are set to keep climbing as the ‘rising half of the cycle’ begins, when carbon dioxide could even break 410 ppm.

38E3217F00000578-3812087-image-a-23_1475085142081.jpg

Data from the Mauna Loa Observatory show the recent daily and weekly averages in September have hovered above 400 ppm all month, according to Climate Central.
This value is considered to be a grim tipping point for atmospheric carbon dioxide, with heavy implications for future climate conditions.
While the annual low point in the Mauna Loa CO2 curve typically occurs around the last week of this month, the recent records show the levels have not dipped back down into the 300s.
This low point isn’t consistent each year, and slight variations mean October can occasionally see smaller amounts than September – but, this has only happened four times in the past two decades.

Global warming milestone as scientists warn Earth has passed carbon tipping point | Daily Mail Online

Perspective

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
5w4
It amazes me how so many people choose to ignore the severity of this or deny its existence. The science is so clear.

á´…eparted

passages
I hate to say it, but I am glad I will be dead before 2100, because I see this century as the the pinacle of humanity, and it's going to go downhill after that, and not likely recover for hundreds or thousands of years, if at all.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To this I will add the maps of what has left out of the Arctic ice cap these days. (which is the shield that keeps the system as we know it in palce)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mostly feel for the other species we've doomed.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I mostly feel for the other species we've doomed.

Considering that we are dooming more plants and animals than we are humans, this feeling is very valid. This situation is very sad, and it makes me angry.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Considering that we are dooming more plants and animals than we are humans, this feeling is very valid. This situation is very sad, and it makes me angry.

We already killed the coral, which is a living home to so many species...The ice bears are being pushed beyond their limits, because they just dont have the time they need to replenish and actually eat the amount of food they need before hibernation, due to the melting ice...it's crazy, and it's not stopping any time soon.

In time, the planet will of course find a new equilibrium, but not without a ton of casualties along the way - perhaps even including the human race.

Supposedly, the cockroach will outlast us all though :ninja:

All hail to the new super species on planet Earth!

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We already killed the coral, which is a living home to so many species...The ice bears are being pushed beyond their limits, because they just dont have the time they need to replenish and actually eat the amount of food they need before hibernation, due to the melting ice...it's crazy, and it's not stopping any time soon.

In time, the planet will of course find a new equilibrium, but not without a ton of casualties along the way - perhaps even including the human race.

Supposedly, the cockroach will outlast us all though :ninja:

All hail to the new super species on planet Earth!

Hey might as well party while the Titanic goes down but there is hope as I see 21st century humanity as being like that smart kid who has massive potential but at the same time with drug problems and as I have written in my blog.

A 21st century human to me is both enlightened and at the same time deprived which is a paradox. On the one hand we have advanced termendlsy in many aspects such as technology and culture but in many ways to enhance the skin to make it shiner we have rubbed away many vital and base oils such as community with others, understanding, truth of information. Basically a semi-successful plastic surgery in which many things have been improved but at the same time many things have gone wrong and distorted and there is a chance in the future all the enchantments will collapse anyway to present a disfigured humanity like with global warming and fuel running out. Another way I could see it is that humanity at this stage is a smart teenager with massive potential and intelligence but lacking wisdom in many ways such as self-destructive behaviours. Basically we are ether headed for Harvard or to die from a OD. Bascially the moral of the story is to think ahead to the future and not waste your potentol and talents when you are in that stage of growth to reach greatness.

We need to look forwards to the future for that SAT test into Harvard so we dont screw ourselves up as I woud rather Star Wars or Mass effect not Fallout or Max Max.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I mean, with that Trump dude in office, yeah. We're all fucked.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I mean, with that Trump dude in office, yeah. We're all fucked.

Who ever wins elections you get fucked up. In my nation UK we got royally fucked up by Blair the liar who sat in his lair scheming and now we are cleaning up the mess he left behind to this day.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Who ever wins elections you get fucked up. In my nation UK we got royally fucked up by Blair the liar who sat in his lair scheming and now we are cleaning up the mess he left behind to this day.

I agree, but he's definitely worse than any of the other candidates. Sorry for what you're going through in the uk.