• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where Should I Move To?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Okay so Austin is amazing and that would be amongst my top choices too and ultimately I also want to be in Texas too because Texas is the best, but IRELAND :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:
As far as I'm concerned Ireland >>>>> all of Europe (but UK is a cool second).

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay so Austin is amazing and that would be amongst my top choices too and ultimately I also want to be in Texas too because Texas is the best, but IRELAND :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:
As far as I'm concerned Ireland >>>>> all of Europe (but UK is a cool second).

Europe has a little bit of everything for everyone, so Ireland would probably work better for you than it did for me. To be honest, it's just way too cold for me.
Texas is a realistic option for now, but my hubby and I are still waiting for some responses from the government, so let's see what happens.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Europe has a little bit of everything for everyone, so Ireland would probably work better for you than it did for me. To be honest, it's just way too cold for me.
Texas is a realistic option for now, but my hubby and I are still waiting for some responses from the government, so let's see what happens.
That's totally fair. I like the UK for me personally so far even though I think overall Ireland would be better.
Nice! Where are you guys from?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's totally fair. I like the UK for me personally so far even though I think overall Ireland would be better.
Nice! Where are you guys from?

I'm from the United States originally, in the north-eastern side.
Hubby is from the Netherlands, born from Belgium though.

We just want something that's kind of different from what we're used to, but it seems that our options are limited. :dry:
And you? From whereabouts are you from?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bringing this thread back with some current information: My husband is doing an amazing job with his project at work and the managers are giving him some serious consideration in moving us to California, United States, so that he can work in their official studios in Redwood City. It's not official yet, since we're still waiting for the documents to be OK'd back in the United States for my spousal petition to have my husband legalized to live and work in America, but we're looking at a year's time that we will be able to move to California after all. Again, it's still somewhat premature, but it does look very promising.

That said, I am wondering if there's anyone who lives nearby, or has lived in the same area, to tell me what to expect and how to live modestly in a pricey state. Are there any homes to rent that doesn't cost thousands for just a 1 bed/1 bath apartment?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do you aim to support yourselves?
It must be nice to be in Ireland and be like 'I want to move from Ireland' but where?
rather than...
I want to move somewhere, I better get a job lined up **Job found** then it's like Oh honey, I've got this job in Australia, I think we better move to Australia or this firm in Florida hired me, think we better relocate to Florida rather than your 'I don't want to live in Ireland, where do you think I should live?' - but since you asked it, I can only say; Apply for jobs everywhere and move to the country that'll give you that residency visa.

Mole

Permabanned
Where should I move to in the event of a nuclear war?

First do not move to a poor country as they will die in the hundreds of millions, not only from hunger but also from plague.

Don't move to a big city, as they will be unable to feed themselves and guarantee law and order.

So move to a wealthy enclave with stocks of medicine, food, and social organisation to last at least for three years.