• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of Tea

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
So, a friend at work gave me a packet of jasmine tea shredded leaves/ flakes and I have a mom that comes home with all sorts of fruits from working in the fruit market.

I've done a great some mixing with the list below:

condensed milk + milk
condensed milk + green tea powder
Orange juice
Apple juice
watermelon juice
mango (regrettable)

I'm thinking grape may do some justice aswell. I want to taste more flavours. Anyone care to add in a few more ideas?? :3

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Neiman Marcus Spiced Tea:

3 Cinnamon Sticks
3 whole cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 English breakfast tea bags, or Irish Breakfast or Orange Pekoe
(preferably Damman Freres)
1/4 cup Tang orange drink mix
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 orange or lemon, sliced

I made this but without the almond extract and the cloves. It's a nice, cold summer drink.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Neiman Marcus Spiced Tea:

3 Cinnamon Sticks
3 whole cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 English breakfast tea bags, or Irish Breakfast or Orange Pekoe
(preferably Damman Freres)
1/4 cup Tang orange drink mix
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 orange or lemon, sliced

I made this but without the almond extract and the cloves. It's a nice, cold summer drink.

I can't find Tang anymore. I get orange Crystal Light or something similar. Isn't as good.

This tea mix looks good. i might try it. The nutmeg is put in a tea bag or just dumped in with everything else?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Grand Admiral Crunch said:
I can't find Tang anymore.

I got the Tang at Walmart but I've also seen it at Ralphs. Don't use the Crystal Light; I tried that once and it was gross.

Boil 6 1/2 cups water and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Then add the tea bags.

Remove from heat and let tea steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the liquid, add the Tang, let cool, and put in fridge. Serve with ice and the lemon slice.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got the Tang at Walmart but I've also seen it at Ralphs. Don't use the Crystal Light; I tried that once and it was gross.

Boil 6 1/2 cups water and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, covered. Then add the tea bags.

Remove from heat and let tea steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the liquid, add the Tang, let cool, and put in fridge. Serve with ice and the lemon slice.

That's pretty good. I'm drinking it warm. I used Market Pantry orange flavor enhancer. It tastes like orange Tic Tacs. I'm sure Tang would've been better. I'll try it if I ever make it back to Walmart again.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Oh, I used one of those fillable tea bags for my spices and tied it shut with a trash bag tie. Thought I should share that in case it is helpful.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia

Ahh I'm from Down Under (specifically, Sydney). I'm not sure where to look for those ingredients. I have my local supermarkets, my Oriental markets, and my second-hand/ cheaper buys supermarkets. Where does Walmart belong in those category??

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I've just had mint + orange + lime mixed. With ice. :9 The weathers always hot here so it's refreshing.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Keikoppi said:
I'm not sure where to look for those ingredients. I have my local supermarkets, my Oriental markets, and my second-hand/ cheaper buys supermarkets. Where does Walmart belong in those category??

The most important ingredient is probably the cinnamon. The Tang just gives it an orangey type flavor and a beautiful color; you can probably use some orange juice for the Tang. Walmart is just a really large supermarket.

neiman-marcus-spiced-tea.jpg

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
So, a friend at work gave me a packet of jasmine tea shredded leaves/ flakes and I have a mom that comes home with all sorts of fruits from working in the fruit market.

I've done a great some mixing with the list below:

condensed milk + milk
condensed milk + green tea powder
Orange juice
Apple juice
watermelon juice
mango (regrettable)

I'm thinking grape may do some justice aswell. I want to taste more flavours. Anyone care to add in a few more ideas?? :3

Shredded coconut is really nice in Jasmine tea.

I also like peach and cherry flavours to add in (especially if cooling for iced tea).

What was the watermelon like? I have never thought to try it.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neiman Marcus Spiced Tea: 3 Cinnamon Sticks 3 whole cloves 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 4 English breakfast tea bags, or Irish Breakfast or Orange Pekoe (preferably Damman Freres) 1/4 cup Tang orange drink mix 1/8 teaspoon almond extract 1 orange or lemon, sliced I made this but without the almond extract and the cloves. It's a nice, cold summer drink.
This sounds amazing. Could the tang be subbed for actual orange juice or orange juice concentrate?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Wind Up Rex said:
This sounds amazing. Could the tang be subbed for actual orange juice or orange juice concentrate?

Probably, but I'm not sure how much orange juice you'd need. I'd try 1 cup orange juice for every cup of tea, so 3 1/4 cups orange juice and 3 1/4 cups water. I'd make the drink using just 3 1/4 cups water and then add the 3 1/4 cups orange juice later. Good luck.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably, but I'm not sure how much orange juice you'd need. I'd try 1 cup orange juice for every cup of tea, so 3 1/4 cups orange juice and 3 1/4 cups water. I'd make the drink using just 3 1/4 cups water and then add the 3 1/4 cups orange juice later. Good luck.

Thanks. This is great. I've been experimenting with making my own green tea ice tea lately, so this is something I might try out soon as well.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
  • Rooibos with fresh milk
  • Rooibos with a slice of lemon
  • Green tea, as is.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
Shredded coconut is really nice in Jasmine tea.

I also like peach and cherry flavours to add in (especially if cooling for iced tea).

What was the watermelon like? I have never thought to try it.

It's the Jasmine tea flavour that does the work. May lack a little kick, but I don't mind adding a bit of sugar to my watermelon tea. If I had to describe it perfectly, a duller flavour of Lipton Ice Tea.

Cherry tea sounds new to me.

Btw, Ive tried juicing grapes for the mixing. Does has a wine-ish after taste (tis grape :dry: )