• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Food crushes/crazes

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not the biggest foodie, but I do have phases of particular food cantgetenough cravings.

Currently i'm super into tinned mandarin segments and (wheat free vegan) mushroom pate, both I can eat bucket loads of without any other ingredient. It feels part feral part eccentric. Generally lasts several weeks until I have od'd on the stuff.

Sometimes they are more odd than others but it's a pretty lifelong thing, not relating to pregnancy.

Whats your food fad?

Permabanned
I'm not the biggest foodie, but I do have phases of particular food cantgetenough cravings.

Currently i'm super into tinned mandarin segments and (wheat free vegan) mushroom pate, both I can eat bucket loads of without any other ingredient. It feels part feral part eccentric. Generally lasts several weeks until I have od'd on the stuff.

Sometimes they are more odd than others but it's a pretty lifelong thing, not relating to pregnancy.

Whats your food fad?

havn't rid it but

á´…eparted

passages
I don't have food fad's per say. I can fixate on very particular things for periods of time though. Such as wanting avocado's for a week or so, then not being interested in them (or at least, craving them) for a while.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm definitely a foodie and a food snob. That said, my cravings are usually dictated by the season. Currently it's bbq and everything and anything on the grill that I can come up with. Last night was grilled romaine with flank steak salads, grilled pita and grilled pineapple with honey/cinnamon drizzle. Tonight - grilled pizzas.

Lark

I remember someone from uni who ate nothing but peaches for an entire month or year or something.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love Szhechuan cuisine and Guangdong cuisine. Current favorite food is Pigblood cubes.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very few foods made me crazy.

But if I am to choose... Mexican food. Specifically the cheese quesadilla's

Also. Mint ice cream. Minty fresh things in general.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sushi, sashimi and wasabi.

When you're eating processed crap in camp everyday you start to crave something fresher. What's more accessibly fresh other than sushi?

I'm also crazy over the Samyang Fire Noodles. I just cannot watch Running Man without eating the noodles.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love Szhechuan cuisine and Guangdong cuisine. Current favorite food is Pigblood cubes.

Don't know about the pigblood cubes but I'm with you on Szhechuan cuisine.

There is a place by me that serves authentic cuisine. No english speakers, no english menu and it's amazing! Maybe it's the endophin rush of that spice but it is SO good and well-rounded.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have food crazes. Generally junk food, but sometimes I have an animalistic craving for meat as well.

Right now Im eating just about anything I can get my hands on in the pantry. Ahhh... One of the best things about comkng home.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm definitely a foodie and a food snob. That said, my cravings are usually dictated by the season. Currently it's bbq and everything and anything on the grill that I can come up with. Last night was grilled romaine with flank steak salads, grilled pita and grilled pineapple with honey/cinnamon drizzle. Tonight - grilled pizzas.

I suppose this is more in line with what I meant in the Op, more fads that lifestyle diets, and more particularly in a specific area.

My mushroom pate craze is taking me into everything with mushroom pate. It can melt!!! huzzah! So I can have it on pasta, rice, in any kind of sauce... on toast, on it's own, as a dip... needless to say I am experimenting with all the above. However I know I will eventually get sick of it.

I suppose it's a trend that perpetuates across many strands of my life actually, a pattern.

Kas

Fabula rasa

Whats your food fad?

I completely relate to this. It's weeks or sometimes even months.
My sister used to laugh that I'm pregnant and that's elephant pregnancy because it takes so long :huh:

Currently it's black olives and French toasts, but I feel it's already changing. I think I'm getting crazy about iced coffee now.

á´…eparted

passages
Sushi, sashimi and wasabi.

When you're eating processed crap in camp everyday you start to crave something fresher. What's more accessibly fresh other than sushi?

I'm also crazy over the Samyang Fire Noodles. I just cannot watch Running Man without eating the noodles.

I would get such things if they weren't so expensive! I LOVE sushi. Actually, I love pretty much all (south/east) asian cuisine.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would get such things if they weren't so expensive! I LOVE sushi. Actually, I love pretty much all (south/east) asian cuisine.

That platter, plus a few other addons was $80. We also have sushi chains here that sell a piece for $0.50. The $0.50 weren't that bad, I almost always buy myself a feast for me to gobble up.

á´…eparted

passages
That platter, plus a few other addons was $80. We also have sushi chains here that sell a piece for $0.50. The $0.50 weren't that bad, I almost always buy myself a feast for me to gobble up.

Yeah that's pricey alright. There is semi-cheap sushi here, but it's only ok. My favorite is sashimi anyway which is, of course, the most expensive.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah that's pricey alright. There is semi-cheap sushi here, but it's only ok. My favorite is sashimi anyway which is, of course, the most expensive.

Tuna and salmon sashimi just make me melt. If only I wasn't fasting ugh.