• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Food crushes/crazes

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'll fuck up some ethiopian food.

GW500H375

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah that's pricey alright. There is semi-cheap sushi here, but it's only ok. My favorite is sashimi anyway which is, of course, the most expensive.

You should check out Asian markets - they often make it in house for less than the sushi places.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually hop onto food bandwagons without being super excited about them or becoming obsessed with them.

I love seasonal produce and am always obsessed with it when it's around. For example, I've been stuffing my face with fresh blueberries and peaches for the past month.

Edit: Also this fake cookie dough. Healthy Cookie Dough Dip - The Famous Recipe!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's so funny, I like the mandarin segments in light syrup too.

Mmm...I guess my food fad would be Tofurky with Sriracha, Just Mayo (or Earth Balance vegan mayo) and kale on a sammich. That's probably the fad-iest thing I eat on a regular basis. Or Gardein Fishless filets, with pasta and marinara, sometimes I add nutritional yeast to the pasta sauce.

Everything else I eat is pretty un-fad-worthy, or are things I've liked my whole life. I eat a lot of Mexi-Cali, with vegetarian refried beans, and guac, but I've eaten that for the past twenty years of my life, I just eat it more frequently now. In fact I've been eating a lot of pinto beans since I was a kid. I've also pretty much always liked chickpeas, as well as mushrooms, so a lot of my favorite foods involve one or the other. I eat the same pizza I ate at 10-12 years old, with mushrooms, tomato and black olives. ..just now I use vegan cheese and might add garlic, basil and/or sub kalamata for the black olives.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You should check out Asian markets - they often make it in house for less than the sushi places.

Asian markets are great for a lot of things. One of the few places you can find jackfruit. Also very affordable oils and noodles.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Green tea mochi.

2K97MtK.jpg

This isn't a fad, really, but fruit. Yesterday for dinner I had an apple, a peach, two bananas, and some dried pineapple.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Green tea mochi.

2K97MtK.jpg

This isn't a fad, really, but fruit. Yesterday for dinner I had an apple, a peach, two bananas, and some dried pineapple.

Have you had ice cream mochi? My god it's amazing. :cry:

I'll fuck up some ethiopian food.

GW500H375

It's funny you say that. Ethiopian always felt strangely familiar as someone who grew up eating Southern food. Also, there's no forks!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Lebanese food and most Middle Eastern food has always been my favorite and will probably always be. I can't imagine any person not loving it. So good and healthy.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, assuming we're going with food and not drink... Mexican food. This includes authentic Mexican food, like I had when I went to Mexico in high school, and its American version. Seriously, I had the most amazing burrito today, and that was just from Qdoba. I love, love love Mexican food, although all the chicken mole I've eaten has truly paled in comparison to the version I had in Mexico City.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I take it back -- I do have some other food obsessions.

- Fried eggs on everything
- Savory breakfast food of any kind
--- Sub-obsession: root vegetable skillets with sausage and/or bacon and/or eggs
- Burst tomatoes (esp. w/pasta)
- Baked oatmeal with apples and walnuts
- Peanut butter / peanut sauce

Peanut butter is my favorite midnight snack. Toast with PB and some honey... PB spread on a chocolate bar... PB with some chocolate chips on top... PB straight out of the container. Don't judge me, it's pretty nutritious as far as midnight snacks go.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I take it back -- I do have some other food obsessions.

- Fried eggs on everything
- Savory breakfast food of any kind
--- Sub-obsession: root vegetable skillets with sausage and/or bacon and/or eggs
- Burst tomatoes (esp. w/pasta)
- Baked oatmeal with apples and walnuts
- Peanut butter / peanut sauce

Peanut butter is my favorite midnight snack. Toast with PB and some honey... PB spread on a chocolate bar... PB with some chocolate chips on top... PB straight out of the container. Don't judge me, it's pretty nutritious as far as midnight snacks go.

I agree with several of your obsessions.

I love savory breakfast foods. We have baked corned beef with poached eggs and salad often for dinner. Breakfast skillets are the best since you just throw what you have in there. Same with a frittata/eggah.

Baked oatmeal ends up like a nice warm cookie in a bowl.

PB on toast is my go-to night time snack. I didn't think of chocolate chips but I like it.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

This is why we are friends/twins.

Honestly, my biggest food obsession is probably ice cream. Or fancy desserts, especially if ganache is involved. Or ice cream on a fancy dessert w/ ganache. :happy2:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've been reading a lot about chicken skin in place of bacon. Naturally, this is a kosher thing and the Muslims could also partake. Incidentally, I've also had lamb bacon, which is delicious so no one has to be denied bacon or this really good alternative. I had it on a BLT (that would be CSLT). Really great.

Crispy Chicken Skin Recipe - Bon Appetit

Lark

What is this matcha or macha or whatever it is, the green japanese drink which tastes like grass cuttings? I dont know why anyone would like that craze.

At the minute I crave cheese, beans and chips all the time, its really bad for me, especially with the diabetes but if I could eat one thing for the rest of my days, that'd be it (I just wouldnt have many days)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wasabi, enough has been said.

Mole

Permabanned
Food is a religious question. Most religions tell us what we should eat. Food and fasting is related to spiritual purity. And the food crazes of today say if we eat pure food today, we will become pure tomorrow, what we eat today walks and talks tomorrow. And indeed, if we eat superfoods today, the implied promise is that we will become super tomorrow.

But if you believe that, you will believe anything, you will believe the stars guide our lives, you will believe mbti can determine your personality, you may even believe in supernatural beings.

Ah, if only you were gullible enough to believe everything I tell you, but the truth is you want to be entranced by time honoured religions, so you fast to look beautiful and eat superfoods to become super, just like the supernatural beings you worship.