• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vegans of typoc unite!! we have nothing to lose but our groceries!!

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Most religions have sacred rules about diet, Islam has sacred halal food, Judaism has sacred kosher food, Hinduism have a sacred lacto-vegetarian diet. Chinese interestingly regard food as an ancient Chinese medicine.

And the purpose of these religious diets is not rational but has a spiritual purpose, in terms of spiritual purity, and as a personal show of loyalty to the particular deity.

So it is only natural that the New Age movement has a sacred vegan diet.

Enlightenment ideas of rationality can hardly apply to pre-enlightenment era, and in fact it is dangerous to use post-enlightenment standards of rationality as a litmus test for

ehh do i really want to get into this argument

Mole

Permabanned
Enlightenment ideas of rationality can hardly apply to pre-enlightenment era, and in fact it is dangerous to use post-enlightenment standards of rationality as a litmus test for

ehh do i really want to get into this argument

You're right, enlightenment rationality is a danger to the superstitions of the New Age.

You are doubly right, you can double down judiciously, as enlightenment rationality is not only a danger to the superstition of veganism, but also to the superstition of mbti.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Meh. Not really thrilled about bringing up veganism because there's always someone making hostile, dumb comments about it, but I'm here for you (all) for the moral support.

1. Are you vegan?

Yes, isn't that who whole thread is for?

2. Why?

It started off as a self-challenge, then I became an ethical vegan because I didn't want to support abuse and exploitation.

3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats.

PIZZA. french fries. veggie soup.

4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan?

Dealing with people who are hostile about veganism.

5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan?

Decreasing my contribution to exploitation, rape, and murder.