First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    What about all the insects/arachnids we unknowingly eat?
    Acknowledge 'em like the good main sources of protein that they are
    Give 'em the respect they deserve as the main entrées

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    What about all the insects/arachnids we unknowingly eat?
    Vegan mouth netting for everyday usage and sleeping

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    "Timmy, get away from the grill! You've been at it for three hours now!"
    There'll be the local beef addicts holding the butchers up at knifepoint

(cue Crocodile Dundee moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Kho View Post
    Mmhm! My bad, I added the word 'sentient' just now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    So you would eat a retarded cow?
    Sentience is capacity to feel, not capacity for reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I only read the first page, so apologies if this got corrected later in the thread.
    Likes Kho, Thalassa liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

1. Are you vegan? Ja.
    2. Why? Same reasons as you, probably. I don't believe in killing animals if one can reasonably be able to avoid it, and unlike in the case of moving about freely, living in a shelter of some kind, and living in the conditions of the past, it's reasonably possible for many people to avoid eating meat.
    3. Name three of your favourite vegan eats. Veggie versions of stuff I was eating before--veggie burgers, for instance. Bok Choy and a lot of fried rice types are often vegan where I live, so there's them too. :p
    4. What is the most difficult part of being vegan? It was meat-cravings at first but that's subsided. Wondering about health, "is this actually vegan" and so on are my main concerns now. :p
    5. What is the most rewarding thing about being vegan? As someone else put it, the feeling of moral superiority. :p
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again
    Likes magpie, Kho, five sounds, Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am a vegetarian. I am against animal cruelty, industrial farms and mass killing of the animals. I also know people eat far more meat than their bodies actually need and we produce more meat than we're actually able to sell. All that resulting into animals dying in vain and in terrible conditions. And I could name many, many more issues that I have on my mind...but...
    I am against veganism, I did a huge research a few years back, when I was thinking of becoming a vegan and the information I've gained from reading multiply sources helped me to make-up my mind on this topic. Sure...you do get nutrition from plants, you even get protein from them, which is awesome! The issue is... proteins are not all the same, proteins that come from plants are different in their number of amino acids they contain. There are many different amino acids and some of them you only can find in animal products or meat. I avoid eating anything dead, but I do eat animal products such as milk and eggs to make sure I do have all the types of proteins I do need. There's also an amimo acid that can only be found in red meat e.g beef and is essential for the development of red cells in your body. Not speaking of B12, but I am sure you know about B12.
    "Everyone I Know Is Either Getting Married Or Getting Pregnant..."
    Likes Kho, five sounds, Riva liked this post

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    In a perfect world, steaks wouldn't taste like how sex feels
    Dayum!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12
    Likes Kho, five sounds liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I am not a vegetarian

I am picky about the sources of my meat though, as I prefer for it to have had a happy life and have been killed humanely as possible (I believe that happy animals are tasty animals!) I did grow up on a farm though, so it's not like I ever had illusions as to where my food comes from

I'm fond of black beans and rice, marinara sauce with pasta... hmm... most things involving potatoes? (not sweet potatoes... proper potatoes!)... as you can tell, I add meat to a lot of things

I would not know the most difficult or rewarding parts of being a vegan, since I'm pretty strictly omnivorous (and actually afraid of plants touching me)
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett
    Likes Kho liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I am not a vegetarian

I am picky about the sources of my meat though, as I prefer for it to have had a happy life and have been killed humanely as possible (I believe that happy animals are tasty animals!) I did grow up on a farm though, so it's not like I ever had illusions as to where my food comes from

I'm fond of black beans and rice, marinara sauce with pasta... hmm... most things involving potatoes? (not sweet potatoes... proper potatoes!)... as you can tell, I add meat to a lot of things

I would not know the most difficult or rewarding parts of being a vegan, since I'm pretty strictly omnivorous (and actually afraid of plants touching me)
    Hahah. So if someone put a piece of seaweed on your leg you'd make the most non-8 sound ever?

I agree with much of what you're saying. I'm picky about my meats (I buy from 3 farms - one for beef, one for lamb, one for chicken and eggs). We eat a decent amount of meat free meals - falafel, stuffed eggplant, Punjab dishes like Chana Masala, grilled paneer with spices, grilled vegetable pizza... it never occurred to me to think of it as vegetarian eating. I don't have any agenda and I don't really do it for economic purposes. Those dishes just taste good and I like using locally grown produce.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes miss fortune, Kho liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would be a vegan if vegetables weren't disgusting.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes Kho, miss fortune, geedoenfj liked this post