• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

got some fresh basil and some fresh chives in pots but don't know what i'm doing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
how often do i water them?

my mom started some basil and some chives for me off of bigger plants so it's nice but i am not a plant person. last plant i owned were cactuses and i killed those :doh: I don't understand plants.

CQtn5dzVEAEuYTd.jpg

they're not very big yet and the chives don't look good.

Ingrid in grids

I think I've posted this elsewhere on the forum, but you should try this.

As a rule of thumb, you should generally water them about once a week. However, if you make up the soil mix in the video, you can get away with watering them pretty infrequently. Plants of that size won't need much water. The soil mix in the video will also protect them from over-watering. The basil should be easy to tell if it's thirsty because its leaves will droop. Also put them near a window somewhere where they will get a good amount of sun.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Cool:) Fresh basil is so good.

They say that basil likes a lot of water, but from my experience it's easier to overwater it than to underwater.
As Ingrid said it's easy to notice when it needs more water- the soil is dry and the leafs don't look well.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Get them into a sunny area and maybe once a week for watering.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Get them into a sunny area and maybe once a week for watering.

i have them by a window whose blind i open in the morning and close once it gets dark. there's not really a sunnier place

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how often do i water them?

my mom started some basil and some chives for me off of bigger plants so it's nice but i am not a plant person. last plant i owned were cactuses and i killed those :doh: I don't understand plants.

CQtn5dzVEAEuYTd.jpg

they're not very big yet and the chives don't look good.

You have a Hobart mixer?!?!

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know what that is.

but i have a kitchen aid professional series (the kind used in bakeries and resteraunts, so very powerful and wonderful)

Oh ok, I just saw the attachments in the picture. Hobart is the type you typically find in large kitchens and bakeries. Commercial Mixer | Commercial Stand Mixer

Very large and very expensive. The one I linked above is the smallest (Still crazy expensive).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh ok, I just saw the attachments in the picture. Hobart is the type you typically find in large kitchens and bakeries. Commercial Mixer | Commercial Stand Mixer

Very large and very expensive. The one I linked above is the smallest (Still crazy expensive).

yeah i can see that. I got it as a gift my mom has a kitchen aid from the 60s still chugging along so she got me and my brother each one and not as expensive as bogart
KitchenAid KP26M1XOB Onyx Black Professional 600 Series 6 Qt. Stand Mixer

that's the one i have. still expensive but not as.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, I would be very happy just to have yours :D

I love it.

she did not want to get me one that they sell at target because she said those break very easily and low quality, and figured in the long run it be less to buy the professional series for 400 instead of the non for like 200 and replace is 8 times.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
yeah i can see that. I got it as a gift my mom has a kitchen aid from the 60s still chugging along so she got me and my brother each one and not as expensive as bogart
KitchenAid KP26M1XOB Onyx Black Professional 600 Series 6 Qt. Stand Mixer

that's the one i have. still expensive but not as.

I got my Kitchen Aid when I was 16 so it's over 30 years old. I use it at least a couple times a week and it's been fantastic. I do regular maintenance on it once a year and other than replacing the little screw to remove the port for attachments, I've never had to fix anything.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got my Kitchen Aid when I was 16 so it's over 30 years old. I use it at least a couple times a week and it's been fantastic. I do regular maintenance on it once a year and other than replacing the little screw to remove the port for attachments, I've never had to fix anything.

yeah my dad's replaced small parts on my mom's a few times

my mom has a sewing machine it begins with a b but it was a very popular model at the time one of the first electric ones she got it when she like 12 (use to make all her own clothes in highschool) and every time she has to take it to get repaired or a part the people offer to buy it from her and she's always like no!. she told me she's glad she knows how to sew because the amount dry cleaners charge to hem or fix clothes is more than it costs her to do it herself. she's made me some formal dresses. was gonna go into fashion design but ended being really allergic to the chemicals they used.