• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm extremely proud of this (turned an old science lab table into a baking table)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when a basic science building got renovated at the university my parents went dumpster diving and got the table it's solid wood and very sturdy. so i took the paint off (which was peeling) and put 4 coats of butcher block conditioner on the top my mom installed three hooks on the side. we got a long thick piece of oak and stand it mahogony and put that as a shelf so it was pretty easy but i like how it turned out.

CL_YGEoW8AAwu4o.jpg

CL_YGdgWIAA9HKS.jpg

i did cross post this in my blog but i'm really fucking proud. so i'm gonna annoy you with this thread as well.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm so impressed with your skills! Revel in pride in what you created. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm so impressed with your skills! Revel in pride in what you created. :)

i didn't really do much of it i just said what i wanted and my mother guided me. please don't think i'm actually good at this.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i didn't really do much of it i just said what i wanted and my mother guided me. please don't think i'm actually good at this.

But you did the work or a majority of it?

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Heck, prpl. I didn't mean to bring you down. I was happy for you, that you felt proud of what you accomplished, and I wanted you to really enjoy feeling proud--not minimize your accomplishment. Whether you're good at it or not, I'm still impressed and want you to be proud of what you created.

Can we start over?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Heck, prpl. I didn't mean to bring you down. I was happy for you, that you felt proud of what you accomplished, and I wanted you to really enjoy feeling proud--not minimize your accomplishment. Whether you're good at it or not, I'm still impressed and want you to be proud of what you created.

Can we start over?

yeah it's fine i just don't want people thinkng i can build them an ark or anything, that's all. because i can't.

Lark

That's good to see, I hate to think of how much serviceable stuff ends up in landfill needlessly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Looks very nice. And the height is perfect:)

it really is i used it today, i chopped onion and garlic (for soup) on a cutting board. and put my slow cooker on it and am making soup and it's a perfect prep/baking table. because i can i have my mixer,knives, cutting board, basket of baking utensiles, and my sugar, flour, and coffee cannistersm and gonna get another basket for dish towels and pot holders but still have tons of room to work and the shelf to keep the appliances that i don't use all the time but would take up a whole cabinet

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ooh, very pretty! I actually really like that wood stain. I'm totally jealous, my kitchen doesn't have a whole lot of prep space, if I had room I would do something like this. Well done!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ooh, very pretty! I actually really like that wood stain. I'm totally jealous, my kitchen doesn't have a whole lot of prep space, if I had room I would do something like this. Well done!

you could maybe do it with a smaller table? i have none hold on i'll take a pic of my counter.

edit: ok i have a tiny bit but not enough to do anything without me getting extremely frustrated or having to move the drying rack all the time. like it's fine for small cooking,