• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eyeglasses problem

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a fashion/DIY question, so I don't know if this is the best place for it, but whatever.

I wear glasses. I think I look best in glasses with thicker frames. Trendy, Warby Parker type frames. Any of you who've seen my videos on the forum know what glasses I look good in, and what I look like, and I'd like to think that you all would agree with me on that point.

Problem is that I have a small nose, low nasal bridge, etc, so I have never, in the 2-ish years that I've worn glasses, been able to find a pair that I don't have to push up on my nose every couple of minutes. This is even after I've tried tightening the temples and temple tips.

Anyone else have this problem? Any brands of plastic frames that are better about this? Do I have to resort to wire frames, or contacts? Is there a DIY solution?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I had a good solution. I prefer plastic frames but the drawback is I need to push them up every so often. Luckily my RayBans stay up much better than the Brooks Bros pair I used to wear.

á´…eparted

passages
It's not "pretty" per say, but you could always buy an athletic strap for your glasses and bury it under your hair, that would much more easily hold them in place.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Anyone else have this problem? Any brands of plastic frames that are better about this? Do I have to resort to wire frames, or contacts? Is there a DIY solution?

Can you bend portion behind the ears? I went to my optometrist and they have a hot air thingy (that's the official/technical term) that softens the plastic so they can bend back the part that goes over your ear. Problem solved.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm so tempted to say get eye transplants, but i feel that might be expensive

á´…eparted

passages
Can you bend portion behind the ears? I went to my optometrist and they have a hot air thingy (that's the official/technical term) that softens the plastic so they can bend back the part that goes over your ear. Problem solved.

They did this with mine, sorta ish. Mine aren't designed to hook around the ears but hug the side of my head. Unfortunately it bounced back to its original shape after a few weeks. My glasses slip all the time but I'm used to it. It doesn't always work in my experience but it's worth a shot.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I would have thought some tiny rubber stick-on strip for the nose bridge but the issue is keeping it clean of sweat/sebum/dirt etc.

My glasses used to slip all the time, but over time (since I've worn glasses since the age of 8), my nose seems to have adapted with a recess either side to keep the glasses on.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Having to push them up is part of the style isn't it?

Horn rims that you don't have to push up now and then are like... non-alcoholic beer.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ditch the glasses and go contacts. Then save up or do a quick bank 'job' and get Lasic done.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not "pretty" per say, but you could always buy an athletic strap for your glasses and bury it under your hair, that would much more easily hold them in place.
Well I do have enough hair that that could work whenever I'm not wearing it up. :laugh:

Already done -- and while the problem has improved, it has not gone away. I may need to go in and have them do it again. :dry:
Thick frames are impossible to find with those little wire notches for the nose bridge.

I googled "Adjustable nose pads on plastic frames"

I saw that some sites talked about them being purchasable at some Optical stores?

Simpler solutions:

Welcome to wedgees.com - Your Glasses Won't Slip--Guaranteed.
I like that hair tie idea! Might try it out this week. (Assuming I can find thin hair ties -- my hair's so thick that I might not have any thin hair ties around. :laugh: )

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought the hair tie idea is quite a clever simple solution as well!
Dont get me started on gaieties though. I understand your pain. I purchase sets every few weeks because I have the same issue as you!

Good of luck and let me know how it turns out! :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for a quick fix I've tucked the ear parts of mine into my hair when it's pulled back into a ponytail or braided pigtails... then my hair holds it in place!

I rarely wear my glasses though because I work in a hot and dirty environment and I would be blind for half of the day if I wore them :dry:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have thought some tiny rubber stick-on strip for the nose bridge but the issue is keeping it clean of sweat/sebum/dirt etc.
You can get stick-on pads like this:

413vP8xnB4L._SX522_.jpg