• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many cups of coffee/tea do you drink per day?

How many cups per day do you drink?

• Total voters

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Less than one per day. I don't ever drink coffee, unless you count Dairy Queen "Moo-lattes" ;) I drink iced tea probably an average of once every 2 weeks or so.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Two coffees in the morning. One tea at night. Occasionally an iced tea in between.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
There should be an option for none. I pretty much never drink them, mostly because my body seems to not process caffeine or something, as it does not keep me awake/wake me up in the least. To prove this, I once drank 3 Red Bulls (I don't drink those either normally), and was able to fall asleep 45 minutes later, normally.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Another none. Caffeine doesn't work for me either... If I want to stay up, I've got to bulk up on the fast sugars. Caffeine just makes me really thirsty.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I chose "I drink both 2-4", but it depends on where I am... when I'm in the States, it's practically coffee all day (sometimes none, most often one or two, when I'm stressed upto five)... but even though my parents drink tea, I typically can't be bothered brewing it properly...

But when I'm in India? God help me... I drink three to six cups of chai every day... not only cause it's really good, but there's always someone else ready to give you some...

I love it... you go to someone's house, and you're not leaving without chai and sweetmeats (mishti or mithaayi). And there are tea vendors every two feet on the roads... It gets to be quite a problem...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I chose "I drink both 2-4", but it depends on where I am... when I'm in the States, it's practically coffee all day (sometimes none, most often one or two, when I'm stressed upto five)... but even though my parents drink tea, I typically can't be bothered brewing it properly...

But when I'm in India? God help me... I drink three to six cups of chai every day... not only cause it's really good, but there's always someone else ready to give you some...

I love it... you go to someone's house, and you're not leaving without chai and sweetmeats (mishti or mithaayi). And there are tea vendors every two feet on the roads... It gets to be quite a problem...

:yes: My sister's new in-laws visited (they live in Tamil Nadu) for three months before and after the wedding, which was over a long weekend in the mountains. Every time I turned around her new MIL was handing me a cup of tea and it was SO FREAKING GOOD. I wish I had asked her to show me how she makes it. Other than that I'm pro-tea, in particular Southern sweetened iced tea, but I have to keep it down since I'm trying to shrink myself. Coffee's good too. I like it all.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I generally always drink one cup of coffee in the morning.
As far as the rest of the day, the doses vary depending on many factors:
- How many hours of physical activity during the week I am doing: if I am cycling intensely 20+ hours a week, I can drink up to 4 coffees a day, if I am not doing anything I may only drink the one in the morning, if I am going to the gym and running I will take another one after lunch usually.
- How near are finals: I try to make my caffeine-intake follow a parabola-like pattern with the peak around 2 days before the final: this allows me to be sufficiently revved up and concentrated up until the 2 days before; then while I cut the intake off the tension for the exam increases, and the two effects tend to cancel out - this makes my level of stress remain constant and allows me to avoid pre-exam anxiety - the caffeine withdrawal dumbs my nervous system down a little so that the nervousness is absorbed.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine. If I drink a coffee after 5 pm, I can't sleep at night.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally always drink one cup of coffee in the morning.
As far as the rest of the day, the doses vary depending on many factors:
- How many hours of physical activity during the week I am doing: if I am cycling intensely 20+ hours a week, I can drink up to 4 coffees a day, if I am not doing anything I may only drink the one in the morning, if I am going to the gym and running I will take another one after lunch usually.
- How near are finals: I try to make my caffeine-intake follow a parabola-like pattern with the peak around 2 days before the final: this allows me to be sufficiently revved up and concentrated up until the 2 days before; then while I cut the intake off the tension for the exam increases, and the two effects tend to cancel out - this makes my level of stress remain constant and allows me to avoid pre-exam anxiety - the caffeine withdrawal dumbs my nervous system down a little so that the nervousness is absorbed.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine. If I drink a coffee after 5 pm, I can't sleep at night.

Have you ever tried switching to tea around the exam itself? From what I've read it's supposed to have a simultaneous destressing effect (from theanine) which counters the caffeine's stimulating effect.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day (but only in the morning so it wouldn't mess with my already crappy sleep). I managed to wean myself off coffee earlier this year. Now I just drink a lot of tea. Yum.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Have you ever tried switching to tea around the exam itself? From what I've read it's supposed to have a simultaneous destressing effect (from theanine) which counters the caffeine's stimulating effect.

No, I haven't, but I'll try next time!

alicia91

I drink one cup of caffeinated when I first wake up, then probably two cups of decaf at some point during the day. I'm very sensitive to caffeine so I can't have any except my morning dose. I will drink an occasional cup of hot decaf tea in the evening.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I drink one or two glasses of orange juice a day.
A couple of pints of milk/soya milk with cereal a day.

That's just about all the liquid I consume bar the stuff in food.

I don't mind tea, but I don't really see the point in it, either.

I tried coffee a few years ago. bleh.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't drink coffee every day, but I drink it a few times a week. So I picked the lowest option.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
black tea is free and unlimited where I work. I double up on tea bags, so it's really more like 8 bags for 4-5 cups.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I drink neither on a regular basis.

Added "neither" option to poll.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Usually 1 in the morning, but it often happens that I get distracted and end up drinking only half a cup.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't drink much coffee or tea, but I used to drink like 10 cans of Diet Mountain Dew a day.

I have since cut down on that.