• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crows vs. Ravens:

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A quick guide:

8405304964_cea11722d2_b.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a ravens fan (bears and ravens are my "personal animals" by choice).

Hershey Park Zoo actually used to have ravens, and i would go to the zoo specifically to sit there and watch them. It just seems funny, everyone else wanted to see the large animals or the eagles or the "cute animals" ... but I would sit there and just watch the ravens. I was sad when they no longer had a raven exhibit.

I was hiking up in central north PA some years back, on an inland trail (9 miles roundabout). Not only did I see some rattlers up close on that trip, but at one point in the forest area of the trail, I was very sure I saw/heard a few ravens off in the distance among the trees. It was pretty cool.

I appreciate crows more as "pseudo-ravens" since they are far more plentiful around here, but I'd rather have ravens if I could.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love both, but ravens are obviously more awesome. I'm reading a book about them right now. They're so adorably quirky.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was like "wtf, people dont know that? :doh: ", then i realized that your crows are all black. Crows around here are mostly this kind of:

Corvus_cornix_Oulu_20120506b.JPG

There are also some black ones here too(english name for those is rook), but they are not the same ones living in US.

But anyways crows are REALLY smart and curious little fellows, sure they look like bank robbers, but you cant judge them based on that. I like them. When it comes to ravens, there arent much around here i live, but they seem like alright folks as well.

These ones are fun too:

They are in the family of crows too, like ravens are

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was like "wtf, people dont know that? :doh: ", then i realized that your crows are all black. Crows around here are mostly this kind of:

Corvus_cornix_Oulu_20120506b.JPG

Where are you, South Africa? That's what my spidey sense is telling me.

But anyways crows are REALLY smart and curious little fellows, sure they look like bank robbers, but you cant judge them based on that. I like them. When it comes to ravens, there arent much around here i live, but they seem like alright folks as well.

I've never seen ravens in the northeastern U.S., but I've seen them in the Southwest. I know they can mimic human speech like in the poem, but I've never heard it in person, only through youtube videos. What I liked about them was their graceful, soaring flight, far superior to the clumsy, awkward flaps of crows.

Ravens have a grace and a mystery to them that crows lack.

They're both corvids. Ravens are a bit cooler though.

So are blue jays, actually. An interesting fact about blue jays is that, unlike with many brightly colored birds, the males and the females look identical. Usually with birds, the pattern is that the male will have more bright coloration. The female's coloration is a lot more subdued for the purposes of camoflauge. Blue jays do not follow this pattern, however.