• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

House remodel pics, suggestions, ideas, projects

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Master and closet stripped to concrete
20170619_210813.jpg
20170619_210822.jpg
20170619_210825.jpg

Wood waiting to be installed after we clean and paint. I have 34 more boxes to pick up
20170619_210932.jpg

Replaced all lights and cleaning layered dust off everything
20170619_210942.jpg
20170619_211005.jpg
20170619_211021.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pulled tack strips and vacuumed subfloor upstairs. GF cleaned and mopped concrete. Pet smell is not as bad after stripping floors and cleaning. Will use bins shellac sealer on wood subfloor and concrete tomorrow. Getting quote to paint whole house. Coming together nicely. If quote is to much i will paint it myself

Carpet and pad in garage, smells like wet dog in there now. Will take to dump friday or saturday.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No additional pictures. Pulled up tack strips, vacuumed concrete subfloors more. Blacknlight test shows alot of urine stains so i will be sealing the wood subfloor upstairs as well as concrete with bins shellac sealer. The floating wood floor also has a underlayment that is used as a moisture barrier that will also help seal things up as well.

Got an ozone generator to get rid of smoke smell in garage, pet smell in house after we have it all sealed up, as well as some of the construction smell. Was recomnded from painter to get rid of surface level smells in the air once we have everything sealed up. It wont fix the source, but it will help get the smell out of the air.

I am hoping everything is done in 2 weeks. Since i have a full time job i can only really commit evenings so we will see. Didnt start working until about 7pm last night and with a 2 year old we were out by 9:30, not to mention he gets up at the crack ass of dawn. Sometimes at 5:30am.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
If there is cat piss in your subfloor there is a special neutralizer agent you can lay down to help disband that ammonia odor. I think it takes 7 years to break down on its own otherwise and will eventually resurface through sealant and new flooring. (All of which you're prob aware, you look like you know what you're doing).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there is cat piss in your subfloor there is a special neutralizer agent you can lay down to help disband that ammonia odor. I think it takes 7 years to break down on its own otherwise and will eventually resurface through sealant and new flooring. (All of which you're prob aware, you look like you know what you're doing).

Its from a dog, the dog destroyed some of the walls trying to get out of being locked in 2 of the rooms. Larger claw marks and dog heights. I dont believe any of it is from a cat.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Need a new photo hosting site. Refuse to pay a ton just to post pictures on here

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dont remember if i posted this. But this is an indicator of how filthy this house was.

Light shade on fan in living room
Before:
9uyzetq.jpg

After:
AXj30nc.jpg

Thats all dust

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Before
jLI7SPB.jpg

Work in progress
5AoWnN5.jpg

New wood, painted, installing trim. Goal is just a clean and nice house. Nothing spectacular, be here for 2 years and then sell for a good profit. Will get a better WIP picture today after work.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found another house. Would be a flip house. If they will drop price $10k we can profit $15k.

Just for info on hard loans with flipping.

House appraisal remodeled is roughly $250k

House $175k purchase
Closing (buy) $13.5k
Realtor (sell) $15k
Closing (sell) $3k
2 months interest on hard loan @ 12% $4.5k
Repair est. $23k

Will probably lose to a cash buyer as they have $15k less cost and dont need that extra $15k. Just outside of hard money loan costs.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Backed out. Closing cost was gonna be $39k with a monthly cost of $2400 not including repairs. Being that we just closed on a fixer upper in middle of june and dumped thousands into it plus closing costs and have to remodel gutted bath and get other house ready for renters we couldnt do both $39k closing and find monthly expense cost at the moment. If we came up with the $39k we couldnt find the monthly expense costs and vice versa. Putting off until beginning of next year. We did learn alot about the process though and made some good connections.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finished house...kinda and its on market.

Installed stairs
20180718_211127.jpg

Backyard is what i didnt finish
Screenshot_20180725-095825_Zillow.jpg

Screenshot_20180725-095835_Zillow.jpg

Before
OI000018.jpg

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I do in my free time. Tomorrow I'll smother it with mortar.
1105181720a.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
GHYTo6E.jpg
FRCiGaB.jpg
It's looking so amazing! Why would you want to move?
Rooms are to small. 11x11 upstairs. Master is like14x15. I want bigger and better. Didnt care for kitchen. Was a good interim. I want a 3500sqft house with atleast 1acre.

Back in other house and that one two story is being rented. GF in nursing school and lower mortgage helps. Current house will also be rented when we move out.

Life is always a work in progress till you die. Just gotta make sure the work is enjoyable.