• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

cob house!

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
my boyfriend and i dream of building a cob house in the city one day.

has anyone ever been in one/seen one in real life/helped build one?

i'm so excited, though i'm sure the day we buy some land and start building is quite a ways off.

hildesoutsideslider.jpg

what the heck is cob?!?!

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
<-- thought you were gonna build a house out of corn cobs

The site says it's not very practical for extreme climates? How extreme is extreme? (Where do you see these?) Do you have to buy the clay/straw?

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
i dunno how extreme extreme is, but i live in the nw so it's pretty mellow as long as the roof is a good one.

you can buy clay or just dig and hope to find some below a layer or so of dirt. straw, i think, has to be purchased.

the one pictured was said to have cost $7900 to build.