• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wearing shoes inside

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. It is only an exhibitionist place :smile: They are not allowed to lay down. And they must also keep their legs crossed (or straight one against the other).

On the other hand, they can keep their hat or cap on, I will not take this as a sign of impoliteness.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Growing up we didnt give a shit, shoes on, off, didnt matter. End of the day we had to mop and sweep before going to sleep anyway. So we didnt care. Actually, because we didnt mop until the end of the day, you would actually be stupid if you DIDNT wear shoes inside the house, because then you would be getting your feet or socks dirty.

Now, I get yelled at when I walk around the house barefoot. I have to put something on my feet. becasue the floor is literally always dirty no matter how much you clean. Kids tend to do that.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
My parents once locked me out of the house for spilling birdseed inside. I made, and make, an effort to be mindful.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't care. Unless the shoes are messy or leaving tracks then certainly. Otherwise, I just don't care either way. If I feel like taking them off I will, or not I won't. But I don't think about it either way much.

Nor do I like having the expectation upon me. But I can acknowledge it regardless.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wearing shoes in the house feels like this;
as well as umcomfortable
before1.jpg

Silent

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I learned somewhere that taking off your shoes can cause the carpeting to get dirty because of the oils on your feet. That said, I take off my shoes simply because it's more comfortable.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wear socks around the house but not shoes. Why wear shoes inside? The only reason we wear them outside is because we have really bad feet for walking on rocks and stuff like animals can. But inside a man-made house we're not gonna be stepping on rocks. So what's the point?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like the sensation of bare feet on cold, solid surfaces. Or socks. Those are nice too.

Wait, what was the question?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wear socks around the house but not shoes. Why wear shoes inside? The only reason we wear them outside is because we have really bad feet for walking on rocks and stuff like animals can. But inside a man-made house we're not gonna be stepping on rocks. So what's the point?
IME: it's not about "the point" as much as it is about being too lazy to take your shoes off. :laugh:

I tend to forget to take off my shoes most of the time, unless my feet are sore, and unless I want to curl up on the couch. I object much more to shoes on furniture, than shoes on carpet/wood/tile flooring.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We never had a rule about it growing up, but the first thing I do when I get to pretty much any house is take my shoes off. I like sitting cross legged on the couch, or really any chair, so it's more comfortable. I also just really like being barefoot for some reason. I often end up taking my shoes off at work as well (I supervise college freshmen in pretty much empty office). I actually used to take my shoes off in high school too. :laugh: That one is actually kind of weird now. I would just go barefoot around the class room and leave my shoes under my desk.

Pinker85

I don't have much of a preference when going to someone's home ... OK, I do, I like when u go to someone's home and they have specialty guest slippers they give u and they ask if u wanna take a shower and when u come out they have candies and tea set out for u to munch on. When I've gone through countries where hosting and being very gracious to strangers was the norm they'd offer this and for someone like me ... it was soooo nice. When people come to my house, I want them to take off their shoes

sorenx7

My podiatrist ordered me to wear shoes at all times. I don't strictly follow that order. But in my "culture" I've been to a few OCD households where they made everybody take their shoes off at the door. Most households aren't like that.

The shoes issue aside, if you've had to be in OCD households very much, you have my sympathy. In my opinion, there aren't all that many things more unbearable.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Nope. It is only an exhibitionist place :smile: They are not allowed to lay down. And they must also keep their legs crossed (or straight one against the other).

On the other hand, they can keep their hat or cap on, I will not take this as a sign of impoliteness.

This reminds me of some friends of mine who have a rule that if couples argue at their place they can 'continue arguing but it has to be naked and in bed'. It's remarkably efficient at restoring peace quickly!

Once I went to a house that was more of a mansion really and in the front lobby they had a display of guest slipper's in all colours and sizes that were still new and wrapped. You could find an appropriate pair and then take them home when you left. It felt like the height of luxury!

I prefer being barefoot. It's customary here for everyone to remove shoes. The only time I find it disconcerting is if I am wearing sandals in the summer and wish I could wash my feet before stepping on pristine light carpet for instance.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
In my part of Canada most people take their shoes off. Even if they didn't, I would be furious if someone walked into my home with their dirty shoes. :mad:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, shoes inside grosses me out. Not interested in the Public restroom-> parking lots -> dirty streets -> my house trajectory

(I personally always wear house slippers though)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, shoes inside grosses me out. Not interested in the Public restroom-> parking lots -> dirty streets -> my house trajectory

(I personally always wear house slippers though)
Same here. The floors in my house are all hard, cold surfaces and it is just more comfortable, even in summer. When I visit, I bring a pair of my own slippers along.

á´…eparted

passages
Growing up most of my family had a soft "no shoes rule". You didn't have to take your shoes off, but it was preferred because of potential dirt. Slippers were the alternative.

I always feel uncomfortable taking my shoes off at a person place if I do not know them well, or it's for a brief period. Taking shoes off feels like you're a "step up" on the rung and are therfore given permission.

idk, this is one of those weird social things that I had to come up with a rational system for to be able to copy what I ovserved.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In my house it was a rule we had to take our shoes off, but that's because my dad is Chinese so it's more of a cultural thing. I think I prefer it that way though after growing up with it - wearing shoes around the house sounds disgusting. :sick: Plus the less articles of clothing I have on the more comfortable I am; I'd rather wear the bare minimum because it's less constricting.