• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

question to the people of the UK about grilled cheese aka cheese toasties

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I just read a thing that says to butter and grill the bread on one side first, then assemble the sandwich with the grilled sides on the inside with the cheese, and then butter and grill as usual. Can't wait to try.

That's how I do it. I like to hit it with a little Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle before grilling too.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Never heard of Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle but there is a Penzey's near here- will try!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Today at lunch we performed a Penzey's taste test- I made one sandwich with, one without, and my husband and I split them both. We ended up putting the "without" halves back in the pan for a minute with a little Penzey's. Very nice flavor.

The double-sided grilling technique was also a hit!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
new question for the people of the UK: what do you call corn/tortilla chips?