• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the best thing you ever ate?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the demon lover @ 900 grayson in berkeley, ca :worthy::worthy::worthy:

LRsgHpeHIwMcQV-640m.jpg

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The meals I've been having in the last couple of days have been pretty fantastic.

The night before last (traditional pub):

Traditional mixed platter - mini cold pork pies, sausage rolls, gherkins, olives, farmhouse cheese, salami
Roast pork belly with apple sauce, Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato crisped in the deep fryer and minted peas.
6 pints of beer. Can't remember what they were tbh...

Yesterday for lunch (a more touristy pub):

A massive double decker specialty burger with lettuce and fries + one pint of beer, a ruby ale.

Last night (a pub with Mediterranean influence):

A selection of breads and dips
Duck leg with red wine jus, mashed potato again, eggplant and mixed nuts.
4 pints of beer. One ruby ale, one brown ale, one blonde ale and one pilsner.

Oh yeah, and lunch today at a proper French cafe:

A croque monsieur with a drink of lemon juice and fresh mint mixed with water, and then a double-chocolate gateau for dessert (it was was amazing and I took a picture, shame it wasn't on my laptop)

F*ck expensive restaurants. Pubs have way more character, you get bigger servings and the food is just as good but way cheaper.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I am concerned with french food ..

The meals I've been having in the last couple of days have been pretty fantastic.

The night before last (traditional pub):

Traditional mixed platter - mini cold pork pies, sausage rolls, gherkins, olives, farmhouse cheese, salami
Roast pork belly with apple sauce, Yorkshire pudding, mashed potato crisped in the deep fryer and minted peas.
6 pints of beer. Can't remember what they were tbh...

Yesterday for lunch (a more touristy pub):

A massive double decker specialty burger with lettuce and fries + one pint of beer, a ruby ale.

Last night (a pub with Mediterranean influence):

A selection of breads and dips
Duck leg with red wine jus, mashed potato again, eggplant and mixed nuts.
4 pints of beer. One ruby ale, one brown ale, one blonde ale and one pilsner.

Oh yeah, and lunch today at a proper French cafe:

A croque monsieur with a drink of lemon juice and fresh mint mixed with water, and then a double-chocolate gateau for dessert (it was was amazing and I took a picture, shame it wasn't on my laptop)

F*ck expensive restaurants. Pubs have way more character, you get bigger servings and the food is just as good but way cheaper.

Double chocolate gateau ? I bet was quite creamy :tongue:
Do you know the Tropézienne (brioche) and The Mille feuilles (literally 1000 leafs) ?
And if you'd like to explore Serendipity in cooking, there is the very famous Tarte Tatin (made with apple but... upside down)

We have croque monsieur but also croque madame of course !
Why should a guy be eaten and not a lady (I saw some prefer to eat pussy:biggrin:)
Croque monsieur made of ham and cheese, croque madame made of eggs and tomatoes.

Marmiton
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
For the ones who wanna try them, here are the recipes !
It is very easy to make for lunch, + you don't need to put the oven on, just having a good grill is enough.

For the translation I'm sure you will be fine, I was lazy to look for them in english:cheers:
That's to begin with french food so that's a fair excuse isn't it ?

Living in the south of France, I must admit Mediterranenan stuffs should have a really good influence on the belly:smile: As for the seasoning, Olive oil and basil, thym, garlic and herbes de provence are part of the picture.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I suddenly thought about the movie "Trouble every day" (Claire Denis being the director) in which one Beatrice Dalle literrally eats tongues and dicks. Fascinated by cannibalism, her collegue will try the same. On a girl. :horror:
After the steak tartar is born now, in the sweet year 2014, the pussy tartar. :puppy_dog_eyes:

For a real appreciation of french food, I'd advise you not to eat your croque monsieur/madame while watching this movie:sage:
Oh shit ! Speaking of french movies is irrelevent here.:nerd:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Red deer meat prepared in a famous michelin star restaurant.

The meat literally melted in my mouth. The taste was so rich, very well prepared, a slight grilly taste, good seasoning but not too much and my mouth is watering just remembering the meal i ate there.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
some of the Best Things I Ever Ate:

1: Eating raw onions in Cameroon, after our jeep stalled in the mud for 3 days.
2: Sausage, tomatoes, beans and eggs- fried -in the rain with a girl I loved.
3: Grilling freshly caught salmon with friends while backpacking in Washington State.
2: The devastatingly-good succulent chicken-wings that my ex-girlfriend's mother made in Juarez.
3: Every single PERFECT mind-blowing BLT that I make.

I feel like I am forgetting so so much!!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^that is a very ISTP list of the best things someone ever ate. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sweet onion, straight out of the ground, at an organic farm near my hometown. Not sure if it was actually the best thing I ever ate, but it was one of the greatest eating experiences I can think of. A really pleasant surprise, after a long day of work.

Wouldn't have even remembered it had happened if it weren't for this post:

1: Eating raw onions in Cameroon, after our jeep stalled in the mud for 3 days.

Thanks, Dannik!

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't eat meat anymore, but when I was nine I had this amazing steak with pepper sauce in a restaurant in Austria (in Hallstatt, I think). Giving up meat was a difficult process for me -- I think I failed at least five times before I was finally able to commit.

My favorite vegetarian dish is Chinese garlic green beans. I used to love chicken tikka masala, so paneer tikka masala would probably become one of my favorites if I tried it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is eating + drinking, so it's only half on topic: The first time I ever had pho and Vietnamese iced coffee was life changing.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Hmm... tough one, especially when you grew up exposed to multi-ethnic cuisines..

Most amazing dish I ever had? Pad See-Ew from Palms Thai Restaurant in L.A.... to die for! But, I found an even better place along the Sunset strip, forget the name of the restaurant since the name's so long. I seriously can eat that dish forever!

Most other amazing dish? I'd say carne asada fries with guacamole, sour cream, nice tang of lime, beer drenched carne asada, Monterrey jack cheese, and yummy delicious fries.. so un-authentic but OMG so delicious!

And, I would have to say Chinese pan-fried lobster!! The ones served at weddings. My goodness, food heaven!! Not to mention Walnut-Shrimp. Ohhhh!!!