• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

• Total voters

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
7 years later and my preference remains the same, despite so many people IRL insisting back then I’d catch Baby Fever in my 30s. Nope. There’s never been even the most remote stirring of maternal desire.

I am not so consistent. My wife and I are planning to have children, probably 2. There isn't any baby fever here however...I'm not looking forward to having children. I am looking forward to having adults one day though.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not so consistent.

A young INTP not being consistent with longterm plans?! Who’da thunk.

My wife and I are planning to have children, probably 2. There isn't any baby fever here however...I'm not looking forward to having children. I am looking forward to having adults one day though.

You’ll make some pretty cool/smart humans, so I wholeheartedly support this. You can decorate them with bow ties that match your kitties’.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None. I don't see myself as a potentially good parent.

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
I had one. She is grown up now.

I thought I had things covered financially: debt free, stable income, growing business, all the right things in place. Wife had other ideas with other people.

Now I think I wouldn't do it that way. Today's world is different. Surviving on one income even as a business owner is clearly much harder.

Raising a child with how the world has devolved is much more dangerous.

I think if I were now what I was then, I would pass.

I know as of today, I am fully capable if I wanted to do it all over again, but considering the laundry list of mines in the minefield, forget it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, we now have two kids (*2015 and *2018) and family formation is finished. So far no regrets, this is pretty much what I had envisioned since I was a kid myself.

It does change your life profoundly though. You have considerably less time and ressources to yourself, "I" (or "you and me") gets replaced by "we" a lot in your thinking. You grow less attached to stuff because stuff eventually gets broken.

We were lucky to have two healthy, lively and pretty smart girls. It's a bit like keeping a pair of Husky dogs. They need to be occupied, they constantly need physical and mental excercise.

The worst part is they become your Achilles' heel, your source of worry. The best part is watching them evolve, succeed, grow into their own. And, of course, lots and lots of cuddling and declarations of love to sweeten your day.

Oxytocin is one hell of a drug! 🥰

Skimt

I'm not going to have any children, but if I did, this review that I wrote a few years ago says everything you need to know.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 101026.png

ygolo

My termites win
My wife wants kids, and I'm on board for that. Adoption is definitely on the table.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
in this world? even the one i have is too much. i worry about his future, and the likelihood that the quality of life will be worse for his generation.

if the world were healthy then I would want to spread my seed to as many women as possible, but I think it is irresponsible to encourage procreation when our planet and society have become so cancerous and bloated under their own weight

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I wish to spawn forth my progeny upon an unsuspecting and unprepared world. Like the drops of rain that become a monsoon inundating the parched ground of the sarengeti during the rainy season, bringing new life my offspring will slither up from the murky depths and into the hearts and minds of all humanity ushering in a new glorious golden age of amphibian domination. All shall become the brood, and the brood shall become all. Praise Amphibos!
poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Behold the face of your rulers Peokoponians kukukukukukukukuku

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It probably would not be medically safe at this point, but if I would have had a stable life and partner, I would like either a boy and girl or twin girls. I used to have a dream about a little girl with dark hair that was my daughter, but when I woke up I would realize she didn't exist and feel an overwhelming sadness. Even though I'm responsible and work hard, my life ended up being rather unstable, so I'm thankful I didn't have children, but in an ideal scenario, I would have enjoyed being a mother.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Zero.

I had grown more open to having some a few years back.

But then everything changed. It wasn't because of the world being a terrible place. That's the norm throughout most of human history (American millenials like me just grew up at the end of a period where that wasn't the case). That hasn't stopped people from having them, and I don't see why it should, but it's not my business to tell anyone else what to do here.

Instead, it's something different. I don't think anybody else should have to go through what I've gone through. My parents had the excuse of not knowing, of not being aware of the pattern when all I was said and done. I don't.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Zero.

I had grown more open to having some a few years back.

But then everything changed. It wasn't because of the world being a terrible place. That's the norm throughout most of human history (American millenials like me just grew up at the end of a period where that wasn't the case). That hasn't stopped people from having them, and I don't see why it should, but it's not my business to tell anyone else what to do here.

Instead, it's something different. I don't think anybody else should have to go through what I've gone through. My parents had the excuse of not knowing, of not being aware of the pattern when all I was said and done. I don't.
Do you think that knowing about your condition could help you be a better parent if your child were to show signs?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think that knowing about your condition could help you be a better parent if your child were to show signs?
No.

My Dad hasn't been all that helpful with that kind of thing, and doesn't remember information that would be useful or of interest concerning this. I'm not my Dad, but I don't know what help I could give.

My grandmother had it, but I was entirely unaware of the situation as a kid.

I do know my dad and grandmother were very close. Knowing this, perhaps it would be helpful to grow closer to my Dad, but I find it difficult to talk to him as there's a wall between us. He hasn't seemed interested in knowing more about me and he blocks my efforts to know more about him (let's hear it for modern masculinity). I sense he would like for us to be closer, but he doesn't seem to know how. We don't have the same interests but we still should be able to talk. I would like to grow closer to him, but I don't know how to make it happen, and have tried it many times before.

I suppose there's the chance that I could be different with my own hypothetical kid and not maintain that wall.

My second cousin (who my dad's age) has it as well. I don't know her well but we've met.

Last edited: