• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

How many children would you ideally like to have (bio or otherwise)?

• Total voters

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you live in a war zone? :shock:

Nope, but there are things called 'cancer', 'drunk drivers' and other things that can kill children. But most of all I don't want my kids to end up being the only kid alive before I die, because otherwise they'd feel all alone when it comes to taking care of me by the time I'm too old to take a shit on my own. So if I'll get as old as my grandparents (plus some extra years, considering the fact that my generation will probably get older then theirs), I'll have to make sure they don't end up alone before I'm about 95. If I get kids around age 30, these kids would all have to live past 65. Now deaths before the age of 65 don't happen in my family, but who knows what bad genetics my kids might get from their dads. Who knows they'll drink themselves to death.

Nicodemus

Zero. But I will be an exceptional uncle to whatever number of kids my sister ends up having.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you live in a war zone? :shock:
I was thinking that she lived in 1848 and traveling west. If Oregon Trail has taught me anything, roughly half of your children will contract dysentry and keel over.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a female. I want a minimal amount - 3 at the most. Kids are expensive and they don't get the care and attention they need if you have too many. I would willingly adopt.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OrangeApple said:
They're usually ugly and they really don't do anything, but they sure NEED a lot. Kids aren't interesting until they can talk, IMO, or at last move around and do silly stuff.
That's exactly how I feel about babies, but I usually keep it a secret, lest budding parents regard me as they would a violent psychopath.

What I'm looking for in other people is the ability to reciprocate my thought and expression with equally rich thought and expression, as well as the ability to draw forth my feelings of affection (the last is the most important thing). Babies do not really succeed in either regard. For the most part they just make loud noises and smelly messes. It's the same reason I'm not really a dog person. I like dogs and babies. I just wouldn't want to be the constant caretaker of one.

On the other hand, I think teenagers can be a lot of fun. Their lives are full of the good kind of drama, the kind of drama that involves a lot of emotion over nothing very consequential. It takes a long time for a baby to turn into a teenager, though.

OrangeAppled said:
The legacy thing is strange to me and something I notice men speak of more (and perhaps why naming a child after themselves and passing down their family name and material possessions seems more of a concern for men).
It's not really a legacy thing for me. I have pretty much have no desire whatsoever to pass on my name, identity, etc. through descendents (that kind of thing I like to pass on through art, which I'm more in control of than my name and genetics). I just think it would be nice if a little speck of this body could transcend death for as long as possible. That desire isn't strong enough for me to want to have children, especially since my body will be living on in other ways (it will be returning to the ecosystem).

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I would like to have anywhere between 2 and 4 children, ideally 4 but we shall see (while I would be open to more, it becomes a hassle finding a suitable house for such a large family and traveling would be hard, too).

I would never willingly adopt.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The poll doesn't have my option.

Anyways, no kids for me.

But if a dude had some, and I just so happened to marry him. I would adopt them.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Between 3-4 - being a triplet myself, I'd be okay with raising this many kids later on in my life. I understand that siblings can be each other's best friends (even if at some point in their lives they believe each other to be worst enemies :alttongue:), and hopefully will be there for each other throughout their lives.

I'm also fine with adoption. :) :heart:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd love to have children, but I wouldn't want them until I'm ready to make them my priority.

I'd want 2 children born close to each other so they have something to relate to.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Between 3-4 - being a triplet myself, I'd be okay with raising this many kids later on in my life. I understand that siblings can be each other's best friends (even if at some point in their lives they believe each other to be worst enemies :alttongue:), and hopefully will be there for each other throughout their lives.

I'm also fine with adoption. :) :heart:

:happy2:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yep :D though to clarify a bit, we're fraternal - two girls and a boy.

We were technically created in a lab via IVF, and even our birth was unnatural. Poor Mom had a C-section done; and due to other complications, she lost her sweet higher-pitched singing voice, she got Type II Diabetes soon after our birth, and we all (that is, the three of us triplets) ended up with Asperger's. :mellow:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Yep :D though to clarify a bit, we're fraternal - two girls and a boy.

We were technically created in a lab via IVF, and even our birth was unnatural. Poor Mom had a C-section done; and due to other complications, she lost her sweet higher-pitched singing voice, she got Type II Diabetes soon after our birth, and we all (that is, the three of us triplets) ended up with Asperger's. :mellow:

Sorry to hear about your mother's voice and diabetes.

BUT YOU HAVE TRIPLETS which is awesome I think.

Also wanted to have 2 siblings. You have two siblings who can pretend to be teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry to hear about your mother's voice and diabetes.

BUT YOU HAVE TRIPLETS which is awesome I think.

Also wanted to have 2 siblings. You have two siblings who can pretend to be teenage mutant ninja turtles.

It's all right :) my mom's a pretty strong person, taking care of her health along with her three musketeers all this time. :heart:

And thanks :D it has been awesome having my two siblings with me - can't imagine going through life without them, even when we will one day go off in different directions (and most likely be physically apart from each other).

Also, we used to love watching the original cartoon series of TMNT! :D Michelangelo was one of my favorite Ninja Turtles, if I remember correctly.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd ideally like to have two. I already have one, however, I don't plan to pop any out again any time soon.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Babies are gross. They're made from penis juice and everything.

Once they are old enough to enter grade school, kids can be cool, though.

It's interesting that it's pretty 1/3rd for each gender that does not want kids. Apparently, baby-craziness is by no means an exclusively female phenomenon. I find that very encouraging.

I do find the idea of a legacy tempting, though.

93JC

Babies are gross. They're made from penis juice and everything.

You think that's gross?

Morning Star is a triplet, one of two girls and a boy. That means her mother was growing a pair of vaginas and a penis inside of her.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think that's gross?

Morning Star is a triplet, one of two girls and a boy. That means her mother was growing a pair of vaginas and a penis inside of her.

:rotfl: This made my day on here - thanks! :hifive: