• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible to make risotto with out wine?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
because I really want to make some, and I'm sure you can but I'm afraid of it taking away the flavor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sure! The wine is really there for acidity, not flavor. Good stock is great flavor. There are several substitutes that will add the acidity.

The best substitute is verjuice, but I'm guessing you want to leave out the wine because you don't want to go to the store, and verjuice is something not many people have at home. You could also mix white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice with water. However much wine the recipe calls for, use that much water and then mix the vinegar or lemon juice in at a ratio of one tablespoon per cup.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yes! as FMWU said, you just need to find a substitute. Lots of sites with suggestions based on recipes and such. Good luck!