• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Olives: the main reason I'm glad to be of Mediterranean decent

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
the few times I actually attend my Sicilian family gatherings the only thing I do it for is those huge garden raised olives that make their triumphant but somewhat stealthy appearance at the middle of the table's sea of wine and salad.

I wish I could have them all the time.

MMMM olives.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes yes, OLIVES ftw.

The local Wegmans carries a "mediterranean olive bar" full of different types of delicacies, including a few varieties of cheese-stuffed olives (feta, blue cheese, gorgonzola), garlic-stuffed, anchovy-stuffed, almond-stuffed, red pepper, maybe a couple others. If it weren't for the sodium and fat content I could eat 'em all day long.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I always want olives, but don't really enjoy eating them.

I want to try Bertolli. I'm guessing it's really expensive.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I know it may be anathema to the Italian side of my family, but I am not the biggest fan of olives. I do, however, love olive oil.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I absolutely love olives, and view them as an expense I will forever and always will be willing to make. :yes:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I think it's because I have them where they are unsuited; like silly English salads.

I think I'd really like them in a proper Mediterranean meal. They're great on pizzas.

I like the variety of types and flavours at farmers'(gr?) markets.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, yes!!!

Farmer's Market olives, or any muy authentico olives are dee-li-shis!!!

Pricey, but worth the cost.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I absolutely love olives, and view them as an expense I will forever and always will be willing to make. :yes:

MEEEE too! Yummm.

These guys are a little olive-like.... :yes: :rolleyes2: C'mere little olive smileys! AHM UNNA EATCHOOOOOOOOO!

:blush:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
There are a couple lebanese groceries around here where they have home-preserved olives in big buckets, and you buy them by the pound. I ought to get some on the way home today.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
:cry: I thought I was the only one.

Olives are delicious.

spirilis: They're full of good fat. Eat and be happy.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I LOVE OLIVES. Kalamata especially. It's true that they're full of good fat--operative word being "full." And the sodium. I have to limit them.

lastrailway

I use olive oil almost always. However I rather dislike olives - I usually remove them from my salad, though of course I don't mind eating them if I really have to.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, olive oil is great for you, until you've eaten too much and/or start to feel sick ;)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I use olive oil almost always. However I rather dislike olives - I usually remove them from my salad, though of course I don't mind eating them if I really have to.

I eat the olives in a chef's salad sometimes, but I especially like crushing them. I do love a good muffuletta sandwich with the crushed olive salad, though. I worked at a high-end deli/sandwich shop some years back, and that sandwich was a BEAST.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I wish I liked olives but I don't. Same with tomatoes. I try to like them but I can't. I'm not a picky eater but even most picky eaters like tomatoes. :cry:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I wish I liked olives but I don't. Same with tomatoes. I try to like them but I can't. I'm not a picky eater but even most picky eaters like tomatoes. :cry:

It seems to me that a lot of people don't like tomatoes. I find this incomprehensible, but you are at the very least not alone on that matter.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
How can you not like tomatoes? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I hate black olives, but green olives are okay.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I, too, dislike tomatoes. I can tolerate a slice (thin!) on a sandwich but I just can't stand the squishy texture of even a tomato that is considered firm by tomato people.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I, too, dislike tomatoes. I can tolerate a slice (thin!) on a sandwich but I just can't stand the squishy texture of even a tomato that is considered firm by tomato people.
I take it you've never eaten a tomato like an apple...

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Oh God yes!

How's this to whet your whistle?

Kalamata-olives.jpg