• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Liquor, where to start?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I haven't ventured far into the land of dark beer. In fact all I've tried is Guiness on draught. It has a very interesting taste.

My faves are New Castle brown ale and Anchor Steam, a San Francisco beer. :cheers:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How can you drink a beer that is called "New Castles Brown" ?!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, a half pint of Harp lager and Woodchucks cider is tasty too... ;)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I haven't ventured far into the land of dark beer. In fact all I've tried is Guiness on draught. It has a very interesting taste.

My faves are New Castle brown ale and Anchor Steam, a San Francisco beer. :cheers:

Beers like Shiner Bock and Sam Adams Black Lager are going to probably be smoother than Guiness if you're not used to the dark.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How can you drink a beer that is called "New Castles Brown" ?!

I drink a beer called "Newcastle brown ale". I accidently made two words of it in my post above.

I drink it cuz it's delish.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I drink a beer called "Newcastle brown ale". I accidently made two words of it in my post above.

I drink it cuz it's delish.

:yes:

Good stuff!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And to you.. God suff prooost *hicks* *taumel* Wo hab ich das scheiss auto geparkt ... *hicks* ?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
McEwans for a good starter on darker beers, though the alcohol content will sneak up on you... it's rather smooth for a darker beer in general.

Arrogant Bastard Ale is rather pleasant if you like dark ales already, and I'm still rather fond of Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter :wubbie:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just tried Smithwick's the other day and I think it's my new favorite beer.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
In my opinion, a glass of good rum is fantastic. You don't even need to chill it, just drink it neat. The Captain Morgan spiced rum is good value, as is Bacardi Especial, and Bacardi Reserva. Good flavors on all of those. If you're willing to spend a little more, you can get a more sophisticated taste with an Anejo aged rum, but in my experience they're not usually worth the price, unless you're entertaining and want to look fancy by having a fancy bottle with a fancy name.

Gin would come in second place for me, then tequila. Fruity shit after that, then vodka and whiskey in next-to-last and last places, respectively.

Edit to add that I prefer a good beer over any kind of hard liquor.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
McEwans for a good starter on darker beers, though the alcohol content will sneak up on you... it's rather smooth for a darker beer in general.

Arrogant Bastard Ale is rather pleasant if you like dark ales already, and I'm still rather fond of Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter :wubbie:

All of the Samuel Smith's beers are great. I always get at least one of them when I go to The Foodery and get a Mix-a-Six.

The Foodery, Philadelphia

It's like Candyland for drunks.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
To the OP:

Mixed drinks I'm likely to have at any given party
Screwdriver: a little vodka in a glass of orange juice
White Russian: Kahlua, Cream(or milk), vodka
Jagerbomb: a shot of jagermeifter with a little bit of red bull

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just found out that they legalized absinthe in chicago. I want to try some, but I kinda want to get a group together to do that, plus it's expensive. Not too mention I know very very little about absinthe, so I would prefer to try it with someone who knows what to get and how to mix it.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I just found out that they legalized absinthe in chicago. I want to try some, but I kinda want to get a group together to do that, plus it's expensive. Not too mention I know very very little about absinthe, so I would prefer to try it with someone who knows what to get and how to mix it.

To the best of my knowledge, all absinthe that is legal in the United States has to have a low thujone content, which was supposedly the psychoactive ingredient. That has been debunked to an extent, but the thujone/wormwood levels have been controlled for a long time. Some people have tried to pump up the legal absinthe with active wormwood, but that can make you super-sick. Caribou Cafe in Philadelphia is a restaurant in Center City that is done up like an early-20th Century Parisian cafe, and they serve absinthe (where you pour the water over the sugar cube and make the absinthe green and cloudy), but it is not psychoactive. It will get you drunk quickly if you keep drinking it, though. Stuff is strong.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, from what I've read the psychoactive ingredient in Absinthe won't even make you hallucinate. Absinthe is simply just a really strong alcohol that will screw you up.