• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who needs furniture?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just got myself a studio apartment with a separate kitchen. I'm seriously considering foregoing any kind of sitting furniture or formal bed. I'm thinking of putting down some foam padding, piling carpets and cushions on it and living like a cat and just lounge everywhere.

How can this possibly be a bad idea?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If you're not on the first floor it shouldn't be a big deal, nor if you live someplace warm. I wouldn't want to sleep on or near my floors in the winter because they are cold. Brrrrrr!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:( I thought you were going to offer free furniture. I don't need furniture at the moment, but will in the future. so really you should buy furniture not use it and give it to me.

I don't know you could get oriental rugs and make it pretty.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes!

0494ce5e1d58772b0c44da3f6d4654a4.jpg

b4775d0d4b0476761137354703dab01a.jpg

9f15ef2cb877742906630f11c462d07d.jpg

2401d79a68c21315162f894ab1a54b38.jpg

let's do this! i wanna help you decorate! haha

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMG_0031.jpgIMG_0032.jpgPhoto on 11-11-13 at 2.45 PM.jpg@prplchknz If I have any spare furniture I'll ship it your way. :)
[MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] it's warm here
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] I like your initiative, let's run with it.

I love those Moroccan lamps in the first pic, I like the island bench thingy, but that wont work for me. I'm thinking something like that second pic, but for a room and not a nook.

The room is like 14 x 14.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes!! several cool hangy lamps, some long flowy sheers, layered rugs, pillows and a place for music with a projection screen and wall mounted candle holders and some shelves for books n things.

i love it!

you could get like 6 of those really big pillows that could be arranged for a sort of sofa ish thing or a bed when needed or they can just sort of be around. maybe you have a separate sort of area defined by hangy fabric and a light with layered feather beds n stuff where you sleep with just pillows and a cool interesting table in the other area that you can sit around to eat or have drinks with friends.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
more inspiration

bedroom-lights-night-pillow-romanti.jpg

002992-04-pillow-room.jpg

pillowroom.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um yes. This is seriously like my dream living situation. Pillows and rugs and hookah and vibes all day every day! Do it!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i think something like that in the corner with layered feather beds and blankets and pillows with the hangy fabric and lights then like a cool old round low table with candles in the middle and some floor cushions around it and extra pillows lying about. maybe a low table up against one wall with a turntable or stereo and you're set.

must have hookas and incense for sure. :D

Sunny Ghost

I just got myself a studio apartment with a separate kitchen. I'm seriously considering foregoing any kind of sitting furniture or formal bed. I'm thinking of putting down some foam padding, piling carpets and cushions on it and living like a cat and just lounge everywhere.

How can this possibly be a bad idea?
I tried to do something similar. I was trying to be minimalist. It wound up being difficult on my back. And sitting cross legged all the time, my legs fell asleep a lot. Plus having pets, the sitting areas always felt very dirty.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried to do something similar. I was trying to be minimalist. It wound up being difficult on my back. And sitting cross legged all the time, my legs fell asleep a lot. Plus having pets, the sitting areas always felt very dirty.

I actually have a history of back problems and because of that I don't like to sit in any one position long. So I'm always shifting between standing laying, crosslegged, on my heels, etc ..

No pets. :)

First one is like the awesomest most magical blanket fort ever.

That does look awesome, gotta have a tent/canopy around the sleeping area.

Um yes. This is seriously like my dream living situation. Pillows and rugs and hookah and vibes all day every day! Do it!

I will! No hookah... Probably a vape, though. Don't need all that smoke smell.

yeah i think something like that in the corner with layered feather beds and blankets and pillows with the hangy fabric and lights then like a cool old round low table with candles in the middle and some floor cushions around it and extra pillows lying about. maybe a low table up against one wall with a turntable or stereo and you're set.

must have hookas and incense for sure. :D

Yess!! Gonna start seriously acquiring in a couple of weeks. There are a couple shops here that specialize in Japanese wool/cotton filled futon, looking forward to testing them out.

And yeah, there will be vinyl . :D

gromit

likes this
I have actually thought a tent/canopy would be useful in the wintertime to keep heat around the bed area. Old school style.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let's all make winter forts in our houses!

i gotta spare room that i can totally see being transformed into a cozy spot.

:happy2:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes yes yes! to all of you! let's work it out!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i totally do not have a spare room...except maybe the attic but i don't think i want to hang out up there. it could be super cozy but...why? there is a skylight tho which could be cool at night.

i might just prefer my room to become a super loungey fort instead. hmmm

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Mine, too. I used to have a book with rooms like this. I wanted to do this so freaking bad! I didn't get to....:(

But I'm going to one day! :D Go for it, [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], I love that last pic on your first post. And they are watching Blade Runner, too? Oh hell yeah...