• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who needs furniture?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a room like this in my house. It does have furniture though. It's a sun room and it's all knotty pine with big windows looking out to the lake. I wouldn't rip that wood out for the world so I work with it. I have a poppy colored chair and 1/2 with a storage ottoman and a small side table next to it. I have Persian carpets, a low round table in the other corner, lots of pillows, bamboo shades, several plants and a couple leather poofs to sit on. Those are SO popular and easy to find. I have a hookah too but it's never been used. It's huge and really beautiful red, gold and white although everyone wants to use it when they see it. I get most everything at World Market and they have good prices for home decor. Think colors, lots of different textures and relaxing and mellow but I wouldn't forgo furniture. At least some, even a daybed or a futon instead of a couch or chair would be nice.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
more inspiration

bedroom-lights-night-pillow-romanti.jpg

002992-04-pillow-room.jpg

omg, heaven.:wubbie:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So yeah, this plan is well underway, but it's a little haphazard. I think I may have pulled the trigger on too many things today. I bought two nice, soft, thick wool rugs. I also bought two twin sized japanese organic cotton/wood futons. They all have patterns, we'll see how this ends up looking when they get delivered.

PB230729.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So yeah, this plan is well underway, but it's a little haphazard. I think I may have pulled the trigger on too many things today. I bought two nice, soft, thick wool rugs. I also bought two twin sized japanese organic cotton/wood futons. They all have patterns, we'll see how this ends up looking when they get delivered.

View attachment 10624

OOoo let me know how they are!! I am in the process of getting rid of furniture in my life. I was looking at converting to this sort of bed. :) :)

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
This is how I live right now. I just moved apartments and I am chillin for a few days. Only thing I got to sit on is a leather office chair and a yoga ball. Ground pad for a bed. At first I was alright with it. Now I don't like it. My couch is what I miss. It'll be here on Tuesday -_-

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have actually thought a tent/canopy would be useful in the wintertime to keep heat around the bed area. Old school style.

Those work. I used to make make-shift curtains for my bunk beds in the army and it worked amazingly well at both giving privacy and keeping warm.

let's all make winter forts in our houses!

i gotta spare room that i can totally see being transformed into a cozy spot.

:happy2:

Yeah! ( As soon as it gets cold enough here...)

This is how I live right now. I just moved apartments and I am chillin for a few days. Only thing I got to sit on is a leather office chair and a yoga ball. Ground pad for a bed. At first I was alright with it. Now I don't like it. My couch is what I miss. It'll be here on Tuesday -_-

Yeah I find a couch is pretty essential. I could deal with my bed being on the ground easily, but the couch is where I socialize, and it isn't so inviting for an array of guests to only have floor options.

I admire those that can fore-go things most people feel they need. But there are a few things I find absolutely necessary: A desk, a chair, and a couch are three of the biggest ones.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OOoo let me know how they are!! I am in the process of getting rid of furniture in my life. I was looking at converting to this sort of bed. :) :)

Will do. These are super-comfey 7 inch thick ones. I'll be getting them next Sat.

I got my rugs in, and I've decided there's room for one more, preferably animal print.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 93

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are you gonna have it's either called a rhumper,rhoomba,or rhompus room can't remember which. are you gonna have one of those? Oh and have ever read the Veldt?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you gonna have it's either called a rhumper,rhoomba,or rhompus room can't remember which. are you gonna have one of those? Oh and have ever read the Veldt?

Yep, it's going to be a rhomboid rhompus rhoom. No, I haven't read Veldt, but I think I should. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorites.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't invite anyone over who has back problems.

Chairs actually create back problems. No doubt some would be uncomfortable because they aren't used to the arrangement and may not have strong cores, but you can't please everyone.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Chairs actually create back problems. No doubt some would be uncomfortable because they aren't used to the arrangement and may not have strong cores, but you can't please everyone.

My Father has a terrible back from being bent over periodontal patients all his life.

He has to sit in chairs, and needs lumbar support.

Slouching on pillows isn't an option for people with blown out backs.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Father has a terrible back from being bent over periodontal patients all his life.

He has to sit in chairs, and needs lumbar support.

Slouching on pillows isn't an option for people with blown out backs.

Dude, I've had 3 lower lumbar back surgeries. A person just needs to learn how to support themselves with their abdomen in something backless, not sit so much, and laying about is *always* an option.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Dude, I've had 3 lower lumbar back surgeries. A person just needs to learn how to support themselves with their abdomen in something backless, not sit so much, and laying about is *always* an option.

A person just needs to be accommodating to guests.

Unless the only folks you plan on having over are bohemian waifs with nothing better to do than roll around on pillows.

Also, I'm not buying the "those who like chairs are out of shape (lack core strength)" argument you're peddling.

Yea its cool to have bean bag chairs when you're in college, and everyone you know is young and spry enough to lounge around all day, but in a world where I need to have my boss over for dinner, a living room looking like something out of Aladin isn't going to cut it.

It would be wise to include sitting arrangements for those who prefer a little more structure in their lives.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A person just needs to be accommodating to guests.

Unless the only folks you plan on having over are bohemian waifs with nothing better to do than roll around on pillows.

Also, I'm not buying the "those who like chairs are out of shape (lack core strength)" argument you're peddling.

Yea its cool to have bean bag chairs when you're in college, and everyone you know is young and spry enough to lounge around all day, but in a world where I need to have my boss over for dinner, a living room looking like something out of Aladin isn't going to cut it.

It would be wise to include sitting arrangements for those who prefer a little more structure in their lives.

There are reasons people have back problems and those have to do with accepted culture about sitting. It's ridiculous, and I'm saying that coming from dealing with a decade of back pain. The things that have relieved that is that I don't sit often and I ride my bike to work. And if this life style was easy to do in the Midwest or among people of 'propriety', I wouldn't have needed surgery 1 or 2. You take way too much of 'accepted knowledge' as acceptable.

I'm in hippie land, boyo, no shortage of bohemian waifs, they make good company. And, my boss would not mind lounging around. Other people, we'll can just go out for coffee at a place that has chairs and cappuccino machines, another thing I won't have for people who just might happen to want one.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
There are reasons people have back problems and those have to do with accepted culture about sitting. It's ridiculous, and I'm saying that coming from dealing with a decade of back pain. The things that have relieved that is that I don't sit often and I ride my bike to work. And if this life style was easy to do in the Midwest or among people of 'propriety', I wouldn't have needed surgery 1 or 2. You take way too much of 'accepted knowledge' as acceptable.

I'm in hippie land, boyo, no shortage of bohemian waifs, they make good company. And, my boss would not mind lounging around. Other people, we'll can just go out for coffee at a place that has chairs and cappuccino machines, another thing I won't have for people who might want one.

Well if it won't impact you negatively socially then have at it.

As long as you are aware that there are people in the world that will be turned off by it, and aware of the fact that in the future you (for whatever reason) may need to have one of those folks over.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As long as you are aware that there are people in the world that will be turned off by it, and aware of the fact that in the future you (for whatever reason) may need to have one of those folks over.

Thanks, padre.

baccheion

I lived with nothing but an air bed and a chair for 2 years (was lazy and also didn't want to get tied down with furniture, as I wasn't happy with where I was living). It was fantastic. So much room to move around. The only question that arose was whether I'd get any action if I brought a woman back to my empty apartment, which was something I didn't care that much about. But as I read this thread, I realize that ENFPs not only would not care, but could actually like this setup (with the proper accessorizing). I didn't know other people fancied this!

And if the house is furnished, there are also people who would be turned off by how Qlip went about furnishing the place. There is always someone what will be turned off by something. And in this case, I'd say they are both equally common. I agree that someone would find it unusual if they entered an occupied apartment that was unfurnished. If they start passing judgement, however, then I want them out of my house.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No furniture is very Bay Area appropriate.