• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Birds. Dirty disgusting birds.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Has to be a bird. No bats or other "flying" animals allowed.

Someone sent me this picture of their cock.

rooster-3371730.jpg

He looks ready to mess some shit up.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My city becomes infested with crows in the winter. I am really thankful the businesses near my house use crow deterrent alarms because they crap a lot and are very loud.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
View attachment 10451

View attachment 10453

View attachment 10452

I am a member of the Audubon society and am learning my birds. They are a valuable part of our ecosystems. The first photo is a snowy egret and the second is a grebe who did indeed catch that fish and eat it. I took these at the Bolsa Chica ecological preserve in OC.

Sorry my phone cam isn't the best.

I agree about crows, incidentally. They are a nasty menace, territorial, and they don't call it a murder of crows for no reason. I watched about five try to chase a red tailed hawk out of their place IN THE SKY...crows are extremely smart though. They can recognize human faces for three or four years.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think crows are great when they don't cover my entire windshield and sidewalk in droppings.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In some cities, there are pigeons everywhere. Here in this city, we have beautiful white herons/egrets/cranes that look kind of like this:
2j0i58p.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Common Chaffinch. So pretty and cute!

Chaffinch_Fringilla_coelebs.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Has to be a bird. No bats or other "flying" animals allowed.

Someone sent me this picture of their cock.

rooster-3371730.jpg

He looks ready to mess some shit up.

No wonder this bird has become France's national symbol...

After all, Lions, Bears, Dragons, Tigers and Eagles are so cliché....

And like we say in France, it's the only bird that sings even when it knows that its feets are stuck in the shit. So squalling and so boastful... yet so ridiculous! So perfectly French...
france-cool.gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No wonder this bird has become France's national symbol...

After all, Lions, Bears, Tigers and Eagles are so cliché....

And like we say in France, it's the only bird that sings even when it knows that its feets are stuck in the shit. So squalling and so boastful... yet so ridiculous!

It's really hard not to make an obvious, overused joke, but you kind of already made it.

If Benjamin Franklin had his way, this would be our national bird.

wild-turkey_765_600x450.jpg

Hmmm, he did enjoy hanging out in France, from what I heard.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
i love birds, some are so cute when they walk, how they bob their head forth and back.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Many birds are actually quite tasty when eaten, especially when stuffed with mushrooms and chestnuts, and served with appropriate vegetables...

Ducks and geese remain my favorite, so far. :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
One of the most famous (if not mythical) recipe:

Poularde de Bresse « demi-deuil » (In English "Half-widow Poultry")

Ingrédients : 1 poularde de 2,2 kg, 2 truffes fraîches de 80 g pièce, 1 kg de navets nouveaux, 1 kg de carottes nouvelles, 1 kg de jeunes poireaux, 1 céleri branche, 50 cl de crème double, 5 litres de fond de volaille.

La veille : garnissez la poularde sous la peau des filets et des cuisses de 8 belles tranches de truffes. Mettez le reste des truffes à l’intérieur de la volaille, avant de l’envelopper d’un linge étamine très fin et bien serré. Passez une ficelle sous les ailes et sous les cuisses pour bien la maintenir et laissez reposer au réfrigérateur.

Le lendemain : épluchez, lavez et coupez les légumes. Portez le bouillon de volaille à ébullition et mettez-y la poularde après avoir retiré les truffes qui étaient à l’intérieur et que l’on hachera très finement. Après 25 minutes de cuisson, ajoutez les légumes et laissez cuire encore 25 minutes.

Laissez reposer 15 minutes à couvert. Pendant ce temps-là, faites réduire à glace 50 cl de fond de volaille, puis ajoutez la crème double et faites cuire 10 minutes. Salez, poivrez et incorporez la truffe finement hachée. Laissez mijoter quelques minutes. Découpez la poularde. Dressez les morceaux dans un plat ou directement dans chaque assiette et nappez de sauce crémée à la truffe. Servez les légumes en accompagnement.

And if you want to know more:

http://chefsimon.com/poularde-demi-deuil.html

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many birds are actually quite tasty when eaten, especially when stuffed with mushrooms and chestnuts, and served with appropriate vegetables...

Ducks and geese remain my favorite, so far. :)

I like eating birds too. Never had geese, though. Duck is killer, as is well-prepared chicken. Sadly, chestnuts are hard to come by in the U.S. because of a blight that killed them all off. You can sometimes find imported chestnuts from Italy in grocery stores, though. I think there is a place near me that has one of the variety that's crossed with the disease-resistant chinese variety that they are trying to use to re-introduce them. Not sure if that's a good iea or not, but I might see if I can go over there tomorrow

We do have a native different species of walnut, though. I just had one, and it is incredible.