• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Birds. Dirty disgusting birds.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like eating birds too. Never had geese, though. Duck is killer, as is well-prepared chicken.

Well... Ducks and Geese are quite commonplace in France. You can find duck's magret, aiguilllette or confit in almost every French supermarket, and this tells a lot, even if I prefer to buy it on a local popular market. Guinea fowls are also very easy to find. You can also find quails in some areas, and they're considered to be a delicacy.

Sometimes, you can also buy ostrich filets, but a lot of them are imported and hence frozen. As far as I remember -I've been invited in Pretoria last year-, ostrich meat is quite commonplace in South Africa... the same way that duck meat is in France.
In Morocco... some of the best "tagines" are prepared with pigeon or dove, and grapes.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well... Ducks and Geese are quite commonplace in France. You can find duck's magret, aiguilllette or confit in almost every French supermarket, and this tells a lot, even if I prefer to buy it on a local popular market. Guinea fowls are also very easy to find. You can also sometimes find quails in some regions, and they're considered to be a delicacy.

Sometimes, you can also buy ostrich filets, but a lot of them are imported and hence frozen. As far as I remember -I've been invited in Pretoria last year-, ostrich meat is quite commonplace in South Africa... the same way that duck meat is in France.
In Morocco... some of the best "tagines" are prepared with pigeon or dove, and grapes.

If Moroccan pigeons are cleaner than American pigeons, I'd eat that.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If Moroccan pigeons are cleaner than American pigeons, I'd eat that.

Well...

Cleanliness of food (and especially meat) is a very relative concept in Africa... but to tell the truth, it can't be worst than industrial stock-breeding.

Fortunately, the way tagine are traditionally used in Morocco means your dish will have been cooked in its own steam during at least half an hour. And it will be served very hot.
So you can be sure that there will be no surviving bacteria or germ inside the earthenware pot. With tagines, even goat or camel meat can become tender and (almost) edible.

This way, pigeons are delicious, especially when they are cooked along with grapes and almonds, and served with lemons, couscous and honey. I'd say it tastes halfway between chicken and duck legs. But you have to be patient to retrieve the meat since squabs aren't usually very large.

Moroccan pastillas are also prepared most of the time with pigeon meat, and I would recommend that you could taste some if you have the opportunity.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Birds are cute(except seagulls, those fuckers i hate). Just few days ago a sparrow woke me up by flying inside my bedroom and i appreciated her visit :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heres some bird pics i have taken over the years

Baby_Bird_2_by_Tomess.jpg

___________________by_tomess-d5fuy4w.jpg

________________________by_Tomess.jpg

seagull___by_Tomess.jpg

pheasant_by_Tomess.jpg

________________by_Tomess.jpg

pidgeon_in_metro_station_by_Tomess.jpg

____________________by_Tomess.jpg

Great_tit_by_Tomess.jpg

___________________by_Tomess.jpg

ill_never_talk_to_you_again_by_Tomess.jpg

One_legged_pigeon_by_Tomess.jpg

_________________________by_Tomess.jpg

________________by_Tomess.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Birds are cute(except seagulls, those fuckers i hate). Just few days ago a sparrow woke me up by flying inside my bedroom and i appreciated her visit :)

i love birds, some are so cute when they walk, how they bob their head forth and back.

Love this bird love! They really can be super cute.

Peep!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is your natural history lesson of the day. :)

This is not a great photo of them, as I was taking it through a dirty window, but these birds are called 'Bushtit' -- they are true foragers/ flockers, flying in small groups across the land to forage for food. So, you never really know where or when you'll see them. Anyway a big family (or two) of them flew through my front yard in urban city a few afternoons ago, spending about 5 minutes in the bushes and tree, feeding their young, before moving south to the next yard.

4128HFG.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Believe it or not, but on my balcony, I can sometimes spot... parrots.

Feral parrots.

Actually, the culprit is the ring-necked parakeet.

They're pretty commonplace in Paris when you know where to spot them. And they're very curious and intrepid: sometimes, if you open your windows when the weather is very hot, they will not resist the temptation to enter into your house to search if there is something edible somewhere.
I've heard that they have the same issue in London and in the Netherlands.

Global warming, you ask ? ;)

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I can snap a picture, I'll put up the seagulls that terrorize our neighborhood.

These little motherfuckers come by in gangs, and choose a property, and tear open bags of rubbish. They then proceed to strew it about the street. I swear they do this for fun more than for food. They were just out there today, showing their little ones how to perpetuate the cycle. Nature's true dirty disgusting birds.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Believe it or not, but on my balcony, I can sometimes spot... parrots.

Feral parrots.

Actually, the culprit is the ring-necked parakeet.

They're pretty commonplace in Paris when you know where to spot them. And they're very curious and intrepid: sometimes, if you open your windows when the weather is very hot, they will not resist the temptation to enter into your house to search if there is something edible somewhere.
I've heard that they have the same issue in London and in the Netherlands.

Global warming, you ask ? ;)

There used to be feral parakeets here in Chicago, although they weren't budgies but monk parakeets. I've never seen them myself. It's thought that the recovery of the peregrine falcon has cut down on their numbers somewhat.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There used to be feral parakeets here in Chicago, although they weren't budgies but monk parakeets. I've never seen them myself. It's thought that the recovery of the peregrine falcon has cut down on their numbers somewhat.

There are feral parrots in Los Angeles.