• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Irish related Booze

MBTI Type
ENTP
Love it.

Golden Pages: product, business and service search directory for Ireland - Search Results - sober people in Ireland

This made me laugh. Apologies for enriching shameful stereotypes; I am actually envious of the country in question's interesting accent, culture, and HDI.

Disclaimer of forethought:not my attention to turn the thread into an acceptability debate.

Oh, you wacky Brits!

(I could pretend to take it personally, since I'm a diehard fan of Joyce, my favorite beer besides Sapporo is Guinness, and the best pubs in New York are all Irish-owned... but... what the hey... I'm an alcoholic too!)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I tried Guinness for the first time on the 4th of April. It smelled like the morning after a party, but tasted like chocolate.

You seem quite open about drug misuse, would you be willing to start or post in an existing thread about it?

Somehow I knew you'd either be as clean as a whistle, or as filthy as a jack rabbit in a trash can.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I tried Guinness for the first time on the 4th of April. It smelled like the morning after a party, but tasted like chocolate.

You seem quite open about drug misuse, would you be willing to start or post in an existing thread about it?

Somehow I knew you'd either be as clean as a whistle, or as filthy as a jack rabbit in a trash can.

heh heh... yeah... I'm pretty much what users in America call a lightweight junkie or garbagehead (!) (I say lightweight because I don't use stuff like heroine, morphine or metamphetamines).

well, there was an addiction thread, but it veered off into chocolates and TV and rot like that... I'm not saying they're not important, but drug use (includes alcohol, because alcohol is a drug, and people need to stop saying alcohol and drugs because it makes it seem like alcohol is somehow better or more benign than) is different to such a degree that it becomes, for all intents and purposes, different in kind.

You know, if I can't find a (good) drug use thread I'll start my own. Not now though... gotta go study, mate!

Oh... and there's one thing about Guinness... you redcoats over there like your Guinness warm, with a frothy head. We, on the other hand, drink it chilled (NOT lukewarm).

As for descriptions, I like that... Guinness smells like "the morning after a party"... in NYC I've most commonly heard it referred to as resembling "motor oil".

O

Oberon

Guiness is too mild. I prefer Imperial stouts and barleywines, when I can get them. The hoppier, the better.

Oh, and a good hops-forward IPA is kind of my idea of heaven in a glass.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Guiness is too mild. I prefer Imperial stouts and barleywines, when I can get them. The hoppier, the better.

Oh, and a good hops-forward IPA is kind of my idea of heaven in a glass.

How about a Victory Hop Devil? It'll hop you up good. And it's from the Philly suburbs.

O

Oberon

How about a Victory Hop Devil? It'll hop you up good. And it's from the Philly suburbs.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every Victory product I have ever had the pleasure to sample. I very much like Hop Devil, but my absolute favorite Victory drink is their Storm King Imperial Stout.

When it comes to hops, I have two favorites: Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine, and Dogfish Head's 90-minute IPA (with 60-minute IPA close behind). Hop Devil is right up there too.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have thoroughly enjoyed every Victory product I have ever had the pleasure to sample. I very much like Hop Devil, but my absolute favorite Victory drink is their Storm King Imperial Stout.

When it comes to hops, I have two favorites: Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine, and Dogfish Head's 90-minute IPA (with 60-minute IPA close behind). Hop Devil is right up there too.

Have you had the 120-Minute IPA? It's pretty ludicrous. I love the 60 and 90, though. I don't have as much as experience with the barleywines. Imperial stouts are cool, too. I also like the milk stouts and oatmeal stouts (like Samuel Smith). Have you tried an oyster stout?

O

Oberon

Have you had the 120-Minute IPA? It's pretty ludicrous. I love the 60 and 90, though. I don't have as much as experience with the barleywines. Imperial stouts are cool, too. I also like the milk stouts and oatmeal stouts (like Samuel Smith). Have you tried an oyster stout?

Bigfoot Barleywine (a Sierra Nevada product) is not the classic example of the type, as it's rather too hoppy to be a traditional barleywine. It is, however, utterly delicious, and well worth trying.

I like the milk and oatmeal stouts well enough... I surely won't turn one down... but they're not what I spend my limited beer dollars on.

As for oyster stouts, I have never been able to abide the flavor of oysters. I am an utter omnivore and can enjoy most any food, but oysters accompany lima beans on the short list of foods I don't like. So I've never cared to sample an oyster stout.

O

Oberon

Why are you reading this? Get up from the stupid computer and go buy six Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywines!

Do it now! :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
The IPA fans are urged to try Red Hook IPA. Red Hook is a Seattle-area microbrewery, and their ESB is my favorite beer.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've never tried an IPA. :/

I'm interested to try that Red Hook... I've been drinking mostly Newcastle lately. Love that stuff.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Why are you reading this? Get up from the stupid computer and go buy six Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywines!

Do it now! :D
Gotta love dem bigfoots!

I've never tried an IPA. :/

I'm interested to try that Red Hook... I've been drinking mostly Newcastle lately. Love that stuff.

Seriously. Do yourself a favor and pick up a Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale or a Rogue Hazelnut brown. You'll never want to drink that shit Newcastle ale again.

*Edit* Oberon, if we ever meet, we ought to have a Stone Ruination IPA sometime.

Last edited:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey Noel! Watch what you're saying about Newcastle brown heavenly ale ;) It's not my favourite but it's great :) In my opinion ;) My favourite beer is Innis & Gunn when it comes to bottles and Murphy's Irish stout when it's on tap, imported straight from ireland instead of made locally.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That also depends. Guinness on bottle sucks, while Guinness on tap is pretty good. :)