• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

good dairy alternatives

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what are some, i don't want anything gross. I know almond milk is one (def getting). but is there anything else that tastes good. I'm trying a stupid elimination diet and i've consumed dairy my whole life so i never really tried any substitutes for it.but if i still have lower gi problems after a week of not consuming i'm putting it back in my diet. than taking out wheat if i still have lower gi problems than i dunno.

93JC

Soy milk? Rice milk? It has been a long time since I've had soy milk so I don't remember how it tasted, and I've never tried rice milk, but I've hear they're the best dairy milk alternatives other than almond milk.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Soy milk? Rice milk? It has been a long time since I've had soy milk so I don't remember how it tasted, and I've never tried rice milk, but I've hear they're the best dairy milk alternatives other than almond milk.

I like the chocolate soy milk, it tastes like yoohoo. but i don't like the plain or vanilla. where i like the vanilla almond and the vanilla coconut

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I drink one chocolate soy drink a day now and I personally love them. Im not a fan of normal soy milk though. Other options are oatmeal milk, or any other plant milk available really. You can make your own, but then you'll have to take a calcium supplement or compensate by eating calcium rich foods. The chocolate soy drink I use now from the store is fortified with calcium, vitamine D and B12 which means I can safely cut out milk and other dairy products :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I drink one chocolate soy drink a day now and I personally love them. Im not a fan of normal soy milk though. Other options are oatmeal milk, or any other plant milk available really. You can make your own, but then you'll have to take a calcium supplement or compensate by eating calcium rich foods. The chocolate soy drink I use now from the store is fortified with calcium, vitamine D and B12 which means I can safely cut out milk and other dairy products :)

yeah 99% of the non-dairy milks here are foritified so i'm not worried about that. they even advertise twice as much calcium as milk

anyone know if the tofu or soy cream cheese is any good? i'm scared to try it.

V

violaine

Cashew milk. It tastes better than dairy. I try to buy the OMilk brand. There are other brands but I have to add things to them to make them taste as good.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just like almond milk, you can make milk out of all nuts out there, purps :)

Cashew is creamier than almond and other milks in general and really tasty. I use it to make strawberry milkshakes etc :)

I cant find a commercial brand over here though, so I make it myself. The only downside is that cashews are the most expensive of nuts, usually.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just like almond milk, you can make milk out of all nuts out there, purps :)

Cashew is creamier than almond and other milks in general and really tasty. I use it to make strawberry milkshakes etc :)

I cant find a commercial brand over here though, so I make it myself. The only downside is that cashews are the most expensive of nuts, usually.

yeah I talked to my mom who has a ph.d in nutrtion and she said to cut only milk out totally,

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9627]Chawie[/MENTION] is the dairy expert around here!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah 99% of the non-dairy milks here are foritified so i'm not worried about that. they even advertise twice as much calcium as milk

anyone know if the tofu or soy cream cheese is any good? i'm scared to try it.

Tofu cream cheese is delicious.

baccheion

Calcium pills after a meal. And magnesium (amino acid chelate) to balance the calcium.

If you get enough of the right vitamins and minerals, then you won't want dairy or any alternatives. CellFood is a good (though gimmicky) way to get minerals and to manage blood sugar. Resveratrol is also good for blood sugar, and etc (for me: stronger libido, better skin, more energy, more regular, etc). And Ortho-Core is a multivitamin that actually delivers the vitamins in the proper forms, versus the other garbage that parades around like multivitamins.

http://www.bodymindspiritguide.com/2008/12/03/identify-your-food-cravings/ said:
People who crave dairy generally are really trying to fill their calcium, protein and fat need. Alternative sources are sesame seeds for calcium; organic chicken or turkey for protein, and/or almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds. You have a protein and mineral deficiency

More mappings between cravings and needed vitamins/minerals: http://fittipdaily.com/food-carving-may-be-vitamin-deficiency-2777/

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just want to say that the taste of soy milk vary very greatly between brands. Freshly made soy milk also tastes nothing like the ones in cartons. Some are definitely more soy-y than others!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
one day of not drinking milk i feel 60% better not having to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes and the gassiness is to a minimum. it's nice.