• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Dog Got Hurt By The Groomer

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The butcher, I mean, dog groomer, put a burn spot in a very sensitive area on my lhasa poo's body. He's been licking at it ever since, and moping around depressed. We got some cream from a vet clinic to put on the affected area, but he just licks it off. The area now looks more like an open wound, not bleeding however, not a burn spot anymore.

:(

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You might need to get one of those lampshade things for around his neck so he stops messing with it, for optimal healing.

Unless you signed some sort of waiver for potential injuries like this, those fuckers should be footing your vet bill. :dry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might need to get one of those lampshade things for around his neck so he stops messing with it, for optimal healing.

Unless you signed some sort of waiver for potential injuries like this, those fuckers should be footing your vet bill. :dry:

Great idea. Of course my wife rejects all my suggestions, but I'll try.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great idea. Of course my wife rejects all my suggestions, but I'll try.

Petco/Petsmart store chains sell the cone collars for pretty cheap, or if you let the vet know the dog keeps messing with the wound, they might just give you one of their disposable cones for free.

:thinking: you could probably make one yourself with a couple staples & posterboard, too.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm so sorry about your dog! Makes you wonder sometimes what goes on in there exactly. I had to start taking my cat to the groomer after having an operation on my knee and being unable to bathe her myself, and she started nipping me when I go to turn her over when I brush her at home. She never bit before going to the groomers, and it was discouraging because it took me nearly a year to train her to roll over for me nice and easy like she used to.

I support asking for some kind of compensation for the vet bill, or free grooming and a guarantee that nothing of the kind will ever ever happen again -- SOMETHING. You should get something.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm so sorry about your dog! Makes you wonder sometimes what goes on in there exactly. I had to start taking my cat to the groomer after having an operation on my knee and being unable to bathe her myself, and she started nipping me when I go to turn her over when I brush her at home. She never bit before going to the groomers, and it was discouraging because it took me nearly a year to train her to roll over for me nice and easy like she used to.

I support asking for some kind of compensation for the vet bill, or free grooming and a guarantee that nothing of the kind will ever ever happen again -- SOMETHING. You should get something.

I know! I'm so tempted to stand there and watch over the proceedings. This groomer was someone new. If my wife doesn't want to stand guard for the two hour grooming, then I will on my day off. So far it hasn't cost us much money, the vet clinic gave us the cream, but if bad comes to worse I'll make them pay.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did they tell you about it when you picked your dog up (what's its name?) at least, and apologize? or did you just find out on your own. It's not even so much about the money -- that would just be to get their attention. It's about ruining your animal's disposition and making it skittish about being groomed.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did they tell you about it when you picked your dog up (what's its name?) at least, and apologize? or did you just find out on your own. It's not even so much about the money -- that would just be to get their attention. It's about ruining your animal's disposition and making it skittish about being groomed.

I was at home. I didn't know about it until I asked my wife why he was licking himself all the time. I expect that activity now and then, but not constantly. Hell yeah I'm watching. That dog was a $250 investment in love and loyalty. And that works both ways.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I hear you. I hope it heals fast and no damage done to its temperament. They need to take better care of your baby.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I hear you. I hope it heals fast and no damage done to its temperament. They need to take better care of your baby.

Thanks, and no question about that. My wife didn't like the new groomer at first meeting. People get these vibes, but they don't trust their intuitions, and anyway he needed a haircut because of this heat. So there was more reason to continue with the appointment than to back out of it based on a feeling.

The Fi function has its own kind of intuition. My wife is an ISFP who sometimes gets strange feelings about things, or ideas from out of nowhere, that turn out to be based in reality.

One time I was obsessing over a word in my head (being I'm an INTP, I suppose), and it was a word my wife had never heard of before. I didn't communicate this word to anybody at any time in any way. But suddenly, she turned to me and said the word to me in a kind of low, questioning voice. I was rather surprised, obviously. I asked her where she had heard this word before, and she said she didn't know where she picked it up at. I asked her if she knew what it meant, and she said no. Nor did she have any idea why she turned to me suddenly and said it to me in that quietly questioning voice.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, you get intuitions for a reason, after all. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, this is the kind of thing where I'm tempted to leave a nanny cam around if I ever hire a professional to babysit my cats while Im abroad :thelook: