• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fan or not a fan of chicken?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just realized that I'm not a big fan of chicken. I love all the other 4-legged animals though like beef, pork, lamb, and I even enjoy fish and shellfish. Birds are just not the most appetizing to me, even though I'll still eat them if there's no other option. One of my friends ONLY eats chicken and no other meats. Odd these taste buds we have are....

So is chicken your favorite meat?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's alright with the right sauce. I prefer the high-saturated fat red meats too but I also do low-carb where they are encouraged. Butter can help redeem lots of meats too!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huge fan of chicken. Chicken and salmon are more common on my table than beef or pork, even if I eat those regularly as well.
I think I know at least 30 ways to cook chicken by heart, and it's always really easy to make it awesome. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After getting food poisoning from KFC when I was little, not a fan of fried chicken, and I hate eating fried chicken from the refrigerator, not because it tastes bad, but because of the grease that turns in to gel. It's gross.

Beef is my favorite meat. And I like fish, too -- I have no clue how vegetarians get away with not considering fish meat.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken is pretty meh, and it's hard to cook it so that it's actually really good. Especially the white meat portions (I don't understand why people shy away from the dark, that's the best). Fried doesn't count, because immersing things in hot oil is the universal way of making anything taste good.

I've heard that we can't get chicken like our great grandparents used to have from the grocery store, they're supposed to taste best when they're mature birds. The industry doesn't do this.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a diva.

Newly rich or such? :wink:
Chicken is good because it tastes good.
Sure, it's cheaper than dirt, but that doesn't keep me from eating it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually like chicken, turkey and fish better than any red meat.

That includes both grilled and fried chicken.

In fact for a long time my favorite food was those real white meat chicken strips (not "nuggets") from a good restaurant, with buffalo sauce, and some freshly-made ranch (as opposed to that bottled shit).

Even when I try to do completely vegetarian I get those chik'n patties, I found some that really taste like a chicken patty, and a four year old agreed.

I can actually feel the difference when I eat red meat. It feels heavy, and pork is oily.

Fish is probably my favorite though, which is a big relief to someone who tries to eat less meat, that fish is more acceptable to eat than mammals and birds.

Sometimes. If it's not overfished, farmed, or infested with mercury. :cry:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
In order:
1. Fish, shrimp, and other sea foods (to include shark and gator)
2. Chicken (and eggs)
3. Pork
4. Beef
5. Lamb, goat, and mutton

I've eaten a lot of odd and weird foods. I definitely like chicken because it is a very versatile meal, it is simple to prepare, and it can be turned into a ton of different dishes. Buffalo wings are one of my favorite meal types, so I'd be a liar if I said I preferred much over chicken.. but I cannot deny I love seafood the most.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like chicken because it's like the vodka of meats in that it absorbs the flavor of whatever you cook it in. I agree it's not the tastiest, but that's because it has less fat, thus less calories.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In order:
1. Fish, shrimp, and other sea foods (to include shark and gator)
2. Chicken (and eggs)
3. Pork
4. Beef
5. Lamb, goat, and mutton

I've eaten a lot of odd and weird foods. I definitely like chicken because it is a very versatile meal, it is simple to prepare, and it can be turned into a ton of different dishes. Buffalo wings are one of my favorite meal types, so I'd be a liar if I said I preferred much over chicken.. but I cannot deny I love seafood the most.

Dammit, now I have to go get some pickled herring, sour cream and potatoes...
You're a sushi fan (good memory, perhaps due to fish consumption?), so I think you'd like it. :b

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like it in stuff and I like dark meat. Not real fond of big chunks of white meat. It's very versatile, cheap, and not too bad for you. I feel the same about turkey.

But I love steak and rare roast beef and ham better. Pork can be tricky to cook and end up being just as unappetizing as white chicken meat if it isn't cooked properly. But pork chop gravy . . . OMG! :happy2:

Fish is okay. Sometimes really good depending on how it's cooked.

No big surprise that, despite not being overweight, I have high cholesterol.

Nicki

Retired
Newly rich or such? :wink:
Chicken is good because it tastes good.
Sure, it's cheaper than dirt, but that doesn't keep me from eating it.

Nope, just plain out sick of it. When I was a kid, I always ate chicken and my mother never cooked anything else. I think I've had enough chicken for a lifetime haha.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just like meat, period. And fish too.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope, just plain out sick of it. When I was a kid, I always ate chicken and my mother never cooked anything else. I think I've had enough chicken for a lifetime haha.

Ah. Know the feeling... I'm the same with anything involving pasta or most sausage.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I gave up meat, but I like chicken. It was a staple for me. I prefered it to beef or pork.