• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fan or not a fan of chicken?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like chicken when it's just been cooked, but I can't stand the flavor of it after it's been reheated... it takes on the "how wet birds smell" flavor quality that turkey has that I really, really, really hate. Seriously, that horrible birdy flavor can kick in my gag reflex quicker than almost anything :sick:

freshly cooked chicken is awesome though, if you know how to cook it and don't make it half raw or overly dry :heart:

of course, if left to my device I'd probably eat an entire grass fed cow every month because I absolutely adore beef... and I actually really love leaner cuts and grass fed as well whenever I can find it... it tastes all the cowier :wubbie:

oddly, I have surprisingly low cholesterol :shock:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<3 fish & fowl. I don't eat any other meats.
Never fried, and I always make it myself - unless it's sushi, obviously. I buy that already prepared.
I'd like to try my hand at making duck, someday.
Had a taste of it at a Thai place. Wasn't greasy [apparently it can be, often]. It was spicy and awesome.

Fuck I'm hungry now. :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like chicken when it's just been cooked, but I can't stand the flavor of it after it's been reheated... it takes on the "how wet birds smell" flavor quality that turkey has that I really, really, really hate. Seriously, that horrible birdy flavor can kick in my gag reflex quicker than almost anything :sick:

freshly cooked chicken is awesome though, if you know how to cook it and don't make it half raw or overly dry :heart:

of course, if left to my device I'd probably eat an entire grass fed cow every month because I absolutely adore beef... and I actually really love leaner cuts and grass fed as well whenever I can find it... it tastes all the cowier :wubbie:

oddly, I have surprisingly low cholesterol :shock:

Omg I hate old chicken taste too. It's so yuck. Chicken does not make good left-overs. I think turkey does better for this purpose.

I remember even having a plate of fried chicken from KFC and thinking it was absolutely vile. Vile.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only really like it if it's juicy. Preferably roasted with the skin on. No low fat for me. And it has to be free range and organic.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Chicken is pretty essential, though I wouldn't call it my favorite. That title belongs to freshly baked ham. :drool:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chicken is pretty essential, though I wouldn't call it my favorite. That title belongs to freshly baked ham. :drool:

:shocking:

if there were one food I'd remove from existence & universal memory of its existence.. it would be ham. No contest. I hate it so much.
Ham is ... there aren't words

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love chicken. It's not my favorite, but it's by far the meat I eat the most because it's versatile, it keeps well once it's cooked, and it's pretty consistent in its quality. I'll roast a whole chicken on a weekend and then use it in various ways during the week.

1. Beef (Only the good expensive stuff, so I don't have it often; I'd rather have chicken than meh beef, it's not worth the unhealthiness.)
2. Pork (Except for ham. UGH. Especially deli ham, which I find inedibly bad.)
3. Bison (Much leaner than beef, and a really nice flavor.)
4. Chicken
5. Duck
6. Turkey (The vanilla ice cream of meats. Why bother?)
7. Fish (I like canned tuna and I'll eat the bland white fishes. Other than that, ick.)
8. Lamb (Ick.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love chicken. It's not my favorite, but it's by far the meat I eat the most because it's versatile, it keeps well once it's cooked, and it's pretty consistent in its quality. I'll roast a whole chicken on a weekend and then use it in various ways during the week.

1. Beef (Only the good expensive stuff, so I don't have it often; I'd rather have chicken than meh beef, it's not worth the unhealthiness.)
2. Pork (Except for ham. UGH. Especially deli ham, which I find inedibly bad.)
3. Bison (Much leaner than beef, and a really nice flavor.)
4. Chicken
5. Duck
6. Turkey (The vanilla ice cream of meats. Why bother?)
7. Fish (I like canned tuna and I'll eat the bland white fishes. Other than that, ick.)
8. Lamb (Ick.)

(understands the lamb last thing, but doesn't understand people who try to distinguish between weekend and week)

MBTI Type
INTJ
(understands the lamb last thing, but doesn't understand people who try to distinguish between weekend and week)

It's because one of them (weekend) affords me time to make food and one of them (week) doesn't. I guess "week" is short for workweek or weekdays.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's because one of them (weekend) affords me time to make food and one of them (week) doesn't. I guess "week" is short for workweek or weekdays.

Yeah, cooking a whole bird [well] can be pretty time-consuming.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I. LOVE. HAM.

34276.jpg

^ I would host a regular Ham Night in its honor, just like The Pirate Captain, were there demand for it among my friend group.

(Bison's my favorite, though. Bison chili is the shit. There's no going back to beef after that.)

Edit: As for chicken... It's fine. It depends on the dish. I agree with whoever that chef was -- maybe Anthony Bourdain? -- about it being what you eat when you don't know what you want to eat. It's almost too versatile to have a personality of its own.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my feelings for edible birds

These were in my way this fall when I was en route to the store to buy chicken for dinner.

0930121543_zps4b0a5f3b.jpg

I really, really wanted to just ram into them with my car, and cook them.
Carnivorous impulse, I guess.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
These were in my way this fall when I was en route to the store to buy chicken for dinner.

0930121543_zps4b0a5f3b.jpg

I really, really wanted to just ram into them with my car, and cook them.
Carnivorous impulse, I guess.
:laugh: I've felt similarly about deer!

Reminds me of this article.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just made some amazing spicy chicken, but I ate so much salad waiting for it that i'm too full to eat it. :cry:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

"Poultry is like meat, except when you cook it rare. Then it's like bird-flavored Jell-O." - P. J. O'Rourke

Cowier...that's an awesome word.

Woodchuck Johnny sounds INFP.
it also might pass for an indie band name.. :thinking:
WBAGNFARB, as Dave Barry would say.

:laugh: I've felt similarly about deer!
I recommend you spare you car and get one of these: http://www.remington.com/en/product-families/firearms/centerfire-families/bolt-action-model-700.aspx

.270 is the classic deer caliber. It's super common and easier to find at stores.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
order of fav to least fav
duck
lamb
pork
beef
chicken
turkey
You STILL prefer chicken to turkey, even though eating chicken would be cannibalism??