• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your pets!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm especially interested in unusual pets, i.e. not cats, dogs, hamsters, parakeets, goldfish, etc.

Snakes? Hedgehogs? Potbellied pigs?

Pets in the suburbs? Pets in an apartment?

What was/is your pet ownership experience like? What was/is your pet's personality? Are/were they affectionate?

Share your stories here :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I once had a pet pig named Headache.
He was intelligent and stubborn.
He liked to be talked to and he liked to eat dogfood and corn. He also liked to run around with the shetland ponies.

Now I have turtles.

I

Infinite Bubble

When I was little, I brought home a crab from the beach in a bucket, with the naive intention of keeping it as a pet. It was dead by the morning.

So my mother cooked it and we had it for lunch.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Unusual, huh? My parents had a pet skunk before I was born. They turned it over to our nature reserve when it got to be too big. If I dig around in pictures there should be a few pics of him.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I have a little girl cat named Duckie (she was named by my ex; but I must say, I don't think she cares what I call her).
She has blotchy markings like a calico, but also stripes like a tiger. She's a street refugee, and still pretty wild most times. She rarely relaxes, but I still like her most times. She also strikes me as very aware of her surroundings, and seems to be pretty intelligent.

Daenera

Rogue heart
I once had a pet pig named Headache.
He was intelligent and stubborn.
He liked to be talked to and he liked to eat dogfood and corn. He also liked to run around with the shetland ponies.

Now I have turtles.

I had the opportunity to have a turtle twice. The first one escaped. The second embraced it's freedom as well. Yup, you might see a pattern there. :unsure:
Now I have 3 cats, definitely more suitable for my character :D

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I had a friend who owned a pair of sugar gliders. They were pretty boring, actually. Cute, but nocturnal, so I never got to see them do anything interesting.

I once thought about purchasing an ant farm. That never actualized, though, so I cannot speak about what it is like to have an ant farm.

Daenera

Rogue heart
I once thought about purchasing an ant farm. That never actualized, though, so I cannot speak about what it is like to have an ant farm.
Maybe is a good idea you didn't get one, being a dog an all you'd probably end up eating them :p

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about you OP, do you have a pet?
I've got my childhood pets -- two cats -- at my parent's house*, but no pets of my own at the moment. As much as I love my cats, I'm not sure if I'd own cats again, because I'm allergic to them and prefer not having to take allergy medicine every day.

*They're sisters, and they're BSPV and CSPQ -- a pair of good-natured sweethearts. :wub:
I had the opportunity to have a turtle twice. The first one escaped. The second embraced it's freedom as well. Yup, you might see a pattern there. :unsure:
Obviously your turtle security system was sub-par. :dont: Should have put up big neon signs and electric fences.

(But seriously. What happened? Also, I'm sorry for your turtle loss. :hug: Glad you have pets that don't want to escape, now! :) )

I had a friend who owned a pair of sugar gliders. They were pretty boring, actually. Cute, but nocturnal, so I never got to see them do anything interesting.
:thelook: Why would you have a nocturnal pet?? I don't understand the motivation there.
I've always thought it would be cool to watch their little society form. Kind of like playing Sim City, but with ants, and in real life.

But that was always in theory, and I was never really into the idea. (Seems more like an INTx venture anyway :D )

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've got my childhood pets -- two cats -- at my parent's house*, but no pets of my own at the moment. As much as I love my cats, I'm not sure if I'd own cats again, because I'm allergic to them and prefer not having to take allergy medicine every day.

*They're sisters, and they're BSPV and CSPQ -- a pair of good-natured sweethearts. :wub:
My best friend has a cat. IIRC, she's a torbie. I think this would be the best fit for her: http://www.catdocmaine.com/purrsonality/data/types/f_BSDV.html

At any rate, she's totally crazy. One of her hobbies is putting his shoes in the bathtub while he's asleep. :D

Daenera

Rogue heart
oohhh poor OP :cry: :hug:
*They're sisters, and they're BSPV and CSPQ -- a pair of good-natured sweethearts.
aaawww :) I've got to say I love all animals, but cats are my weakness, they're the most graceful and cute and hilarious creatures all in one :D
(But seriously. What happened? Also, I'm sorry for your turtle loss. Glad you have pets that don't want to escape, now! )
To be honest I can't quite remember how the first one executed its plan to escape, it was a long time ago, the second one I suspect must have had some sort of ninja training, my dad left it outside for less then a minute and when he came back she was gone. I wouldn't be surprised if now it goes by the name of a renaissance painter and hangs out in sewers. (and eats a lot of pizza) :tongue:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well...weeks after my kitty died, I decided to get another one.

I would like to introduce my new kitty: Tucker

kitty.jpg

Some facts:

1) I adopted him from the local humane society
2) He's very affectionate and sweet, which is why I got him
3) He's 4 years, 8 months old
4) He loves belly rubs
5) Catnip turns him into a cross between a tasmanian devil and a ninja

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Aww, what a sweetie :wub:

Daenera

Rogue heart
Well...weeks after my kitty died, I decided to get another one.

I would like to introduce my new kitty: Tucker

kitty.jpg

Some facts:

1) I adopted him from the local humane society
2) He's very affectionate and sweet, which is why I got him
3) He's 4 years, 8 months old
4) He loves belly rubs
5) Catnip turns him into a cross between a tasmanian devil and a ninja

Sorry for your loss. :(
Your new friend looks like a badass. :)

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom randomly reminded me of our dog, a few seconds ago. She was very mature and intelligent, and she kind of picked when she felt like showing affection, sort of like a cat. But there were a lot of times where she'd be walking past you and then lick your leg on her way. And when I looked it up, I discovered it meant that they're randomly showing you they care about you. I miss her so much.

She also started developing arthritis close to the time we had to put her down..and there were times she would make her way upstairs to my room and lay out in front of my door. My mom would call out to let me know she wanted me, so I'd come out and pet her while she was laying there clearly in pain. It reminds me, sadly, of why we had to do what we did. It was better for her, she was an angel.

Anyway this is her, her name was Indy ♥

2c908269b39e84e212d0ab205dd9d386.png

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have a six-month old kitten named Flora at my apartment here. She's wonderful, though she does have an increasing propensity to bite when either annoyed or being playful.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He looks great! I don't consider myself a cat person but if I once decided to have a cat I would really like to have some cat resembling yours. He is fantastic :D

Thank you thank you! That's an older pic I took back in 2013 (probably when I posted it)

In addition to Mr. Tucker, I have Ms. Sasha...

View attachment 23053

and my 3 year old dog, Mr. Jacks!

View attachment 23054

and an updated photo of Tucker for good measure, though he looks largely the same

IMG_3055.jpg

*edit* I don't know why some of the photos came off facing to the left, but they're up so that's that